Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum User
    Check all leads are connected to the live terminal, I had the same problem once and there was one lead which had fallen down near the gearbox, have a look. If not you need to check the fuses or relays, then after that you may still have problems which the list below should solve.
    1. listen for fuel pump.
    2. Change crank sensor or clean.
    3. Turn over and if it doesn't start check the plugs to see if there wet.
    4. If there dry YouTube how to clean injectors.
    5.If there wet Turn car over with one plug on rocker cover to see if there's a spark.
    6. If no spark check ignition coil.
    7. Swop in another Ecu to try that
    8. Try a brand new coil.
    9.Check that the toad alarm switch by the glovebox and the transponder near the sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by steveymccombe View Post
    Thanks. I see 3 "brown" relays in there. As long as I know I'm in the right area I'll see how I get on. Where would you get a wiring diagram or does such a thing exist? Lol
    There's more than 3 in there, tucked in behind those 3 are some more, they're screwed to the plastic in pairs Don't take my word for it as I'm not 100% sure but haynes manual will probably have the wiring diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Tullyvernon View Post
    Would the relay stop the dash lights tho?
    The main ignition relay not working will, could also be the barrel at fault if everything is completely dead when turning the key.

I hate electrics with a passion but this is my thought process on this 1, working out the route of the electricity from turning the key

Barrel/key turned sends power to the ignition relay - power then goes to the dash, fuel pump relay, ignition coil & starter relay (obviously goes to other parts of the car that work from the ignition being on but not relevant to this problem)
    The fault sounds like it's in this part of the system so that's where I'd be starting to look & rule things out

Quote Originally Posted by walters300 View Post
    Check all leads are connected to the live terminal, I had the same problem once and there was one lead which had fallen down near the gearbox, have a look. If not you need to check the fuses or relays, then after that you may still have problems which the list below should solve.
    1. listen for fuel pump. Negative
    2. Change crank sensor or clean. Not turning over at all.
    3. Turn over and if it doesn't start check the plugs to see if there wet.
    4. If there dry YouTube how to clean injectors.
    5.If there wet Turn car over with one plug on rocker cover to see if there's a spark.
    6. If no spark check ignition coil.
    7. Swop in another Ecu to try that
    8. Try a brand new coil.
    9.Check that the toad alarm switch by the glovebox and the transponder near the sunroof
    will check for switch, had the transponder out of her before and dried it out. This cured the problem. She was turning over that time but not firing.

The alarm led on the console isn't flashing or staying on.
    The alternator (battery) light comes on but no oil light or any others.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by steveymccombe View Post
    will check for switch, had the transponder out of her before and dried it out. This cured the problem. She was turning over that time but not firing.

The alarm led on the console isn't flashing or staying on.
    The alternator (battery) light comes on but no oil light or any others.
    Was it not the module the last time?

Hi guys, got the Williams going!! Found the alarm, bypassed it, turned the key, and.... She started!! Woohoo thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

Forum User
    Well done... How did you disconnect the alarm?

Found it behind the dash, got out my side cutters seen what wires had been cut, rejoined them and turned the key while keeping my fingers crossed!! Lol