Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Proud to be here to see this happening.Wonderful work.

Thanks Fab

Man alive that's some wedge you're spending!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz. View Post
    Man alive that's some wedge you're spending!
    My exact thoughts also. Think I'd be scared to even wash it, never mind drive it after handing that sort of money over. However this sets the standard for me, and just go's to show what a quality bodywork refurb could cost to any current and future Williams owners. OK maybe not all are as bad as this, some are worse!, but its worth remembering imo

I'm hoping by opening up all areas of the car that new owners might have new areas to look at for rust mine is the only shell I'd buy as I know what's been done if I was to sell I would sell for good money for tg ed same reason and I also hav es the evidence to prove it. Am up to 500 plus photos on my account from the resto company

Money well spent! It's a proper job!

It's only the people who have actually gone down the route of restoring/preserving who truly understand the magnitude of the work involved in achieving this standard.

Thats why when I see those sheds being advertised for stupid money I know that unless a truly commited person buys it they will end up back on the market for sale or to be broken.

Any monkey can bolt on parts to make up a car but to renovate/restore one of these it takes a person with true passion,skill and determination for the Williams.

Graham I'm interested to know what your plans are for the rear beam.

Reagrding the rear beam fab im hoping a clean up and a lick of paint as its good, rear discs to be cleaned calipers to be painted and new pads inserted, brakes will have new metal and flexi lines, bias valve hope to be refurbed somehow

Quote Originally Posted by katbloke View Post
    Reagrding the rear beam fab im hoping a clean up and a lick of paint as its good, rear discs to be cleaned calipers to be painted and new pads inserted, brakes will have new metal and flexi lines, bias valve hope to be refurbed somehow
    Let me know what you decide to do re the Bias valve Graham, mine is pretty shonky and I cannot find any details anywhere on how to rebuild them. Would be interested to know if the same unit is used on other cars, but I have not come up with anything so far.

Regarding rear beams there isnt a lot you can do about them other than to clean them down and paint them. Ive seen mentioned in the past that they were originally not painted. That may be true of some of them but I've seen a number of original untouched Williams rear beams painted in a dark blue mat colour.Not black.

The bias valve is a great unknown.
    I did manage to take the flapper off gently and have a look at the seals inside. Lube it up and hope for the best.
    There was a manaufacturer in France making these up,but I would have to dig deeper to see if they are still about.