Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by martink View Post
    Hi, yes a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but looking at what they are selling for at this time then I think it's well over priced, it is from a dealer though. I wish I was closer to look at it but if any member is near to it then please look at it if you can and let us all know just how good it is, thanks all.
    would it be a good deal at £3.5 k

Forum User
    i agree with Daz here.. not many in this condition.. and although the stickers should be infilled, i dont think they look out of place.. this looks like a great, tidy, ready to drive example.

I agree with Daz... these are coming up less and less... ok there may be two available at the moment but people who want one and fanny about over a couple of grand will be the same people you see crying about how
    they can't find one for love or money in a years time.

Cheers Ian

Quote Originally Posted by hny View Post
    would it be a good deal at £3.5 k
    With regard to your one, be very careful when the seller says there is just a bit of rust on the boot, they need checking thoroughly... large amounts of rust can be hidden under seemingly good panels.

Regards Ian

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    With regard to your one, be very careful when the seller says there is just a bit of rust on the boot, they need checking thoroughly... large amounts of rust can be hidden under seemingly good panels.

Regards Ian
    yeah that is what worries me the dreaded rust . i am interested in this williams 2 because it looks bang on with no issues . what do you think to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by hny View Post
    yeah that is what worries me the dreaded rust . i am interested in this williams 2 because it looks bang on with no issues . what do you think to it ?
    Appears good BUT without having actually seen it in the flesh I can give no definitive answer... if I was after a Williams 2 I would be very keen to view this one. I was slightly concerned when somebody mentioned it
    had 9 previous owners when it was owned for the first 10 years by one owner.

Surely worth a lengthy look.... especially underneath.

Cheers Ian

Hi, just had an email off them saying they have agreed a price subject to inspection, is it anybody on here.

Forum User
    not me . i am sticking to getting a williams 1

Forum User
    i am going to look at 304 next weekend can anybody help me on where to look for rust as i do not want a car with a load of rust issues . but i am not well up on these cars so any help would be great .

Basically everywhere... but worst offenders are rear arches, inner wings, sills, bottom of doors and boot. I've seen examples on here with rust absolutely everywhere.

If you become a subscribed member you will have access to the project threads and other useful areas.

I hope some of the others answer you as many have a lot of experience with this particular problem.

Cheers Ian