Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: KENT CAMS

I am gradually being educated with other peoples problems. And Kent are doing there research aswell into the causes.

I still need a reply from Nick Hill as for his experiances.

At this stage - I am hoping to have my cams checked over by kent prior to fitment.

To all those concerned - i have emailed my latest reply a few minutes ago.

Forum User
    The failure I had was not with Kents cams but their vernier pullies.

well andy from kent has been in touch. im going to arrange for kent to pick my head and cams up so they can have a look at the damage, and hopefully sort the problem out.

i doubt theyl reimburse me for any damage caused tho, but hopefully it will put the other members with these cams fitted at ease.....which is what i was trying to do sendng them mails before i posted this thread.

hopefully they will pay me for the damage caused, or at least repair it if its possible, even if its only to try to recoup some of the good reputation they have/had as a company.

only time will tell. il be arranging pick up for the stuff tomoro, see what they say

Forum User
    Good luck mate, at least it appears that things are moving forward

yes mate hopefully things will get sorted one way or another.

must admit tho.im fully expecting them to pass liability off to something else. that isnt their fault.

but iv had a few chats with the engineer that does my valves...and he also states that the problem lies fully with the cam...there was plenty oil there, no signs of dry running, no movement in the cams to cause the damage, etc.

the only thing we can think of to cause it, is if the washer has been hit sideways by something really hard, or something has hit the end of the cam really hard causing movement. but there is nothing that can move inside the head to hit the end of the cam, there was no other bits of metal from anywhere else roaming about in the head. and the cam cant move sideways anyway.....so obviously there must be something else that caused the prob.

just need to find out what now.hopefully kent will find the prob, and repair/relace parts that have been damaged if its deemed the fault lay with the cam. and hopefully they will then re-call all poss other cams that may have a fault so evryone can rest easy

good lad jon.

make sure that you keep us all updated.

its an odd problem that has been reported from all sorts of sources.

no one seems to have an answer yet expect for material fatiuge....!!!!!

J o n
    either way it's not good and if Kent are aware of this (which they must have been for years...) then it's not saying much for them as a company. Scary stuff... !