Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDD

Oh, Dom. Have a look through my woes to see if it helps.

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...3201-HGP/page2

Forum User
    Thanks guys - Seems nice in here!

I'm not even involving P4cks - I am taking it on the chin and getting on with it... By the time a court case is heard, I'll have most of it done, I am sure!

I'll get the alternator belt sorted and take a look at the suspension and brakes this week. In addition, I am going to rent a day on a car lift at Pit Start in London.

That means I can get all the rust dealt with (ordered wire brushes, primer, paint etc) with it in the air. I think the front bumper will have to come off.

Once I am happy the car will survive as is for a while, I'll use it and then get the whole lot done properly when the first major issue surfaces.

That may not be too long, judging by the puffs of smoke at high rpm!

The faith is kept, although it refused to start the other day (stop start traffic for 2hrs and the starter seized due to heat/ expansion) I have done around 750 miles and we're bonding

It'll need to be well into 5-figures for me to recoup the losses after a rebuild ;)

Love a good court case.

just spray the underneath in old engine oil for now and concentrate on the mechanicals when your at your rent a ramp place.

Forum User
    Cheers Northy - Will have a good rummage underneath and that may well become the plan!

Forum User
    Well, if anyone has the time or patience (maybe just read the last few pages) this car turned out to be far, far worse than what it seems at first glance!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...ms+3&mid=73213

The whole thing is a complete mess. I just wasn't prepared for what I found when we had a good look...

I feel for you pal. You need to think with you head not your heart!! Knowing the williams 3 there's probably more you will uncover in doing a full rebuild/strip down. The previous owner imo is a total dodge pot and you should taken it further. A guy that boasts of driving exotic cars and doing this and that...... Guess what? He sells refurb gear knob inserts on ebay probably making £5 on each sale! Hardly rock and roll!

Forum User
    I had a similar situation and its a bitter pill to swallow when you've spent a lot of money for a cowboy rebuild. First thing you need to do is swallow your pride and accept you've been conned and that's that.. It happens to the best of us when your heart rules your head in a purchase.
    Next job is to get the car evaluated by a renault mechanic and reputable body shop. Then get a nice excel list of all jobs that need doing and estimate the total cost.
    If the figure comes up over 5k cut your losses and break the car and buy another as you have no long term bond with the
    your still grieving the fact you've been shafted and you need to nip that in the bud today..
    The best and most satisfying way forward is to repair and restore that car 100% DIY which can be achieved if you put your mind to it.

Forum User
    Just read the ph thread and if the chassis is that bad it shouldn't have passed the mot meaning you have been sold a dangerous vehicle, certainly a different set of circumstances, at worst you could end up getting £20 a week for many years for your trouble in court.
    I would engage a solicitor and try And settle out of court and return the car.

Saw this the other day on Instagram. Still alive and kicking.

Forum User
    This car has just turned up again:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-CL...8AAOSwVghXFLbX