Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Project restoration TOA - The N&B rebuild

Alright guys and gals 😉

This is my project so far, it's a shameless copy and paste from CS but feel it deserves a spot on here too :cool:

Okay, I know it's not a Williams, but I see it as the next best thing to one, it's a 1994 Clio 1.8 16v.

When I purchased her (approx Jun 2011), I was told she was chipped&mapped on a ph1 ecu, clearly was lowered which I discovered was on these
    Was in a lot better state then as they were new lol. I bought the car off a guy in Stoke, I'm from SY and couldn't get to view/pick up so had her delivered drone stoke to barnsley for £70 :bargain: :cool:
    Up on arrival I gave her a good overall inspection as pics speak a 1000words and all... Lol, was pretty surprised if I'm honest, blebbing here and there, boot was kippered as was under both doors. Engine bay was in a state also, sadly not got pics of this as it was circa 3 year ago and have changed phones a lot lol.
    Anyway, I'd owned her for about 6 months, decided I wanted to add my touch, so bought a standard stereo :cool:

A k&n filter

Then happy driving took place
    And then disaster struck, just shy of Christmas that year, she was vandalised, keyed on the bonnet, sides and the windscreen was smashed :crybaby:

No pics of the key damage.
    Around the sane time of that I was diagnosed with bipolar so lost all faith, she then sat on a mates drive, then my mums for about 2 year :(
    Then I started to get better, got a new house (with a garage :cool: ) so started restoring her, which was always my intention!
    So enough waffling from me and here's some pics to bring it to date!

Started by removing body panels

Cleaned the bay a bit, hardly noticeable lol

Split the head from the block

It currently is sat like so

Here's some pics of the "non-optional extras" the mk1s came with lol

Obviously there's loads more lol. But there not all on my phone. So will have to update a bit later on!

Decided some of the engine bits needed freshening up
    Before and after pics

All painted up

And put together lol

It's good to see a project get moving again, despite personal hardships.

Those are all common rust points. Might be a good time to learn how to weld, unless you already know ofc :p

How do the engine internals look? Putting an F7R in instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    It's good to see a project get moving again, despite personal hardships.

Those are all common rust points. Might be a good time to learn how to weld, unless you already know ofc :p

How do the engine internals look? Putting an F7R in instead?
    Thanks

And yeah I know how to weld somewhat, I did a college course and the rest I learned myself. Best way IMO.

The internals all look mint as engine was completely rebuilt 10k ago.

Sticking with the f7p I think, IMO to many get f7r or f4rd but that's just me. And IMHO the f7p is more tweak-able... Think I'm forging it though but may just go completely standard and buy another to tune

Forum User
    Seeing pictures like these takes me back a few years! It's nice to see you've fitted the original radio to it, I love the little dated items like that with it's classic LCD display (yes I probably am a bit sad LOL). You have some work to do my friend, all the best with the project.

Quote Originally Posted by cliolord View Post
    Seeing pictures like these takes me back a few years! It's nice to see you've fitted the original radio to it, I love the little dated items like that with it's classic LCD display (yes I probably am a bit sad LOL). You have some work to do my friend, all the best with the project.
    Lol. Me and you both share the same opinion nobody ever really uses CDs anymore anyway so a jack is all I need lol

Got lots of goodies since the last update... I'll let the pics speak for themselves :cool:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973021.646582.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973031.770957.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973342.302214.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973355.121670.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973388.485225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973407.298813.jpg
    And of course ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973425.310537.jpg

And these also 😝
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973444.831791.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973452.578656.jpg
    Inside them
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973466.197594.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973477.257296.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973485.514437.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973494.972686.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973503.141789.jpg

So yeah!

In the next few week I SHOULD have a completely rust free valver lol.

The rear quarters are only poverty spec items but I've started modifying them to suit
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406973570.611724.jpg
    I have got further than that but my battery died so have no photos. However I will be sorting through the garage today to make room for the compressor and stuff, so I will get lots of photos and update later

Forum User
    Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to keeping track on progress.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dash View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to keeping track on progress.
    Good luck!
    That's alright I figured I'll share every detail so I can maybe help others and show people my way of doing things.
    Thanks for the wish of good luck. I'm sure I'll need it lol

Here's what happened
    yesterday, I was hoping to make a start on the shell but had to tidy the garage out first...
    Here's before I sorted everything

Messy messy garage, bits everywhere, so I started moving stuff

Engine and panels in one corner

Rubbers arranged

Sorted through all the stuff, put some in the car and threw quite a bit, I was a bit stupid and wanted to keep a lot of little bits that were probably original to this car as they all had matching dates on. But space was needed so threw them out

Bonnet and front wings are stored in a box box at the bottom of the garden lol

Compressor in it's location with the welder also

Carpet removed

Through the floor selfie... LOL 😂

More rust was found, again, not all that bad IMO. I've seen worse on newer cars that haven't stood for circa 3 year

And how I left everything,

I need to go and get some quick release couplings for my air hose as they didn't send me none. So will try get something done later and update