Clio 1.8 16v - MUST go £850

Having owned this clio for the last 9 years it kills me to let it go. Family vehicle needs funding so this has got to go.
    Since owning this car it has been stunning - never letting me down and always puts a smile on my face when I drive it. They certainly do not make cars like this anymore.

Receipts date back to when I first bought the car and when I had k-tec fit powerflex bushes all round. Since then it has had a few upgrades fitted which are on the car now - Koni adjustable suspension (back lowered 50ishmm to match), Team dynamics 16” wheels, Toyo tyres, B&M short shift gear linkage, pipercross viper air filter, new sparkplugs fequently (can’t remember the brand but not cheap), couple of month’s old full stainless custom exhaust system from Top Gear in Bridport (complete with lifetime warranty).
    The interior is standard and in good overall condition. The front seat material has torn a little, the stitching itself that is so could be re-stitched. The dash is in good nick, no marks or cuts/scrapes. The oil pressure gauge has just stopped working, which is a common problem I believe. When it was working, the pressure was always showing good readings. The sunroof is the only real drawback with the car, it was leaking so I have sealed it shut permanently. This is often the case with clio sunroofs as they are a horrendous design. Because of the leak, the wet has got into the electrics by the sunroof for the remote locking, and interior lights so neither of these now work. I have removed the parts from here and have them in the glove box. This is a big pain, as the locks have been removed on the doors and smoothed, so currently cannot lock the car from the outside! Im sure a new remote sensor could be fitted if needed. All over electrics work though, windows, lock button, fog lights etc.
    The bodywork I think is in pretty good condition (looking around at other clios!), especially for its age. I have had both rear arches professionally treated. Any rust was cut out (minimal) and replaced with metal (not filler) and then both sides of the car re-sprayed. Very slight bubbling is starting to appear on arches,but not paint missing. The bonnet has a slight raised corner, I bought the bonnet online (to replace original as someone dented it) and the courier must have bent it very slightly. Did not realise until I had it painted, then fitted it as it is minimal. The wheels are 16” team dynamics wheels. Not too big to spoil handling, nor look too small. Fitted are Toyo tyres. The wheels have some stone chips, though no curbing marks. The chassis is good. I have had the rear chassis rails completely restored. For the last MOT, the rear torsion bar was removed and tucked underneath was some corrosion which was cut out and all new metal welded in and then undersealed. I have pictures of the work from start to finish done proffesionally.

The engine has been brilliant to me. Never had any issues. It’s currently on 127k and still pulling very strongly. No rattles or smoke. I put this down to good servicing - I always change the oil (mobil) and filter every 6 months, the spark plugs each year and also the fuel filter. The air filter is often cleaned too and the coolant changed yearly. At 118k the cambelt has been replaced and also the clutch (all genuine Renault). Also I have changed the transmission oil with Silkolene transmission fluid.
    The car has MOT until 13.9.14 and tax due November 2014. The car has been my daily driver for the last 9 years so have always kept it up together. Always looked after and am going to be gutted to see it go. These cars are getting rare now – it’s very rare to pass another one! They truly are great cars, handling is brilliant, engine pulls strongly and sounds lovely. A real drivers’ car, no modern driver aids to dull the driving experience. In fact Im pretty much talking myself out of selling this now… but I have too. I am located near Dorchester, Dorset.

This really needs to go as I need a new (family) car. Will regret it I know.
    Am looking for £850 cash please, no PX as have another car lined up.
    Thanks, Sam Courtney - 07799850423 or samcourtney86@hotmail.com

Forum User
    Keep looking at this on ebay tempted bud unsure if I justify the expense for it to just sit there most days. How likely is a price drop? May twist my arm.

Not sure yet, don't really want to let it go! Its a cracking car for 850 quid!