Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Williams Inspired 1997 1.4S Maxim 46000 miles, 432 Monaco Blue

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgAttachment 6347Attachment 6348

Here is my 1997 'R' Clio 1.4S Maxim in Monaco NV432 blue. It has covered just 46000 miles which is confirmed by the MOT history. I bought the car with 38000 miles and intended to make a Williams style daily driver. Due to having two babies I need something that can accommodate two baby seats now.

The maxim was basically a 1.4 version of the RSI minus the skirts, engine and rear discs. It has front vented discs, the same sports seats and all the usual toys. It has a coloured coded rear spoiler, remote central locking, electric front windows with drivers one touch switch and a manual sunroof.

So to cover the common issues. This car has had both rear arches replaced, new sills and is in mint condition. The boot has no rust on it and the sunroof does not leak and has never been resealed. Both keys are present and work. Everything on the car works as it should. It has all the original books and lots of paperwork. It still has the original dealer plates, rear window sticker and RAC tax disc holder. It even smells new.

I am the third owner.

Additional to the above spec, I have fitted new 16v rear shocks, it has a Williams rear beam and disc conversion, Prima replica 15 inch Williams wheels, fully refurbished in silver and wrapped in Uniroyal Rainsport 2 195 45 R15 tyres. Eibach pro kit 30mm front springs with rear beam to match. Williams rear boot carpet and side carpets to match.

New parts fitted. Cambelt, tyres, all four wheels bearings, front and rear discs and pads, Oil change and service, new cat, new lambda sensor, new 16v rear shocks, new track rod ends.

The car has been Waxoyld underneath.

The only issue is that due to the Williams beam the left rear tyre caught the arch over a particularly deep bump. Normally there is no catching but this damaged the paintwork and will require attention.

Included in the sale are all my mk1 spares. I have a complete RSI rear beam which is about 20mm narrower. This would eliminate any further catching but I prefer how it looks as it is. I have a spare cat, boot carpet and lots of clips.

I do not want to sell this car but I would rather it be used than be sat on my driveway.

Its great fun to drive and feels very similar to a Williams. Being a 1.4 though its very cheap to run. It has averaged over 40 mpg while I have used it.

The car will available in about 6 weeks, more pictures to follow as these don't do it justice, I am happy to answer any questions. The car stands me at over 2k.

£1250

Tel 07758960612
    Last edited by ollie16v; 24-05-2014 at 13:47.

Please pm me for contact details, just changing my number over. Tax is July 2014 and MOT is December 2014. Last serviced in February. All original manuals, original pre delivery inspection receipt. Cambelt was changed in November 2012 at 37k.

Finally had some nice weather. Here she is in all her glory. PM or 07477088814 or clioworld@hotmail.com

The car is now ready to go. Mileage is unlikely to rise anymore. I always clean the car using the two bucket method and no abrasive products have ever been used on the wheels. The tyres were also filled with nitrogen. Thanks.

Car Taxed for 6 months.

Do you still have the car? my first car was a 1.4 rt and sadly it i let it go. Ive been craving a clio again and one thats been kept to great standard. Unfortunately I dont have the cash right now as i came across this at the wrong time, 3 months ago would of been perfect! would you consider keeping the car and receiving installments? sound like a lunatic dont i but i have to ask as im desperate for your car haha. email me if theres any news. much appreciated. Tommy tommywright14@hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by tommywright14; 19-08-2014 at 01:15. Reason: wrong email!

I've seen this car and been for a drive in it with Ollie. I can honestly say its mint! It even smells new inside, no faults, wheels refurbed the proper way, 4x new rainsport tyres.
    Ollie your a crazy man for letting this go - to know the time and money you put into this car. Who ever buys this car can just drive it and enjoy it as everything has been done.

Thanks mate and email replied to.