Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ORB rebuild :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    no maintenance, nothing.
    Just how you like to do everything

Spoke to Prima and its all good, they only have 1 in stock so ges I got lucky will post a pic when it arrives nx wk.

how come the gripper so so much better.?

haha good work Coops gotta push it just don't go to mad lol.

Still not decided on cams yet was thinking piper 270...?

Grippers work in a different way, they use clutch plates (plate type) & quaifes are ATB (automatic torque bias) they use witchcraft (cogs & gears) in fact they're all bloody witchcraft how they work

ATB diffs can only do so much & eventually stop being a limited slip diff when pushed really really hard whereas plated diffs are much more hardcore & work better the harder you push the limits.

Sod the 270's, they're mild as fcuk, go balls out, 285's or catcams 213's are the way to go especially with itb's

Mild as ****, love it. Well the plan is to make it wild but still use it on the road so it's always good to get feed back :0)

Our friend in Denmark has set the bench mark with his 241 in the stunning Orange Slayer and I'm keen to get close and may be more.

Are there many F7R's running the good side of 240 on the road.?

You'll need high compression pistons to get anywhere near that. I'm chasing our Danish friend down for that figure & maybe more with mine but for that we're talking serious balls to the wall engine builds, forged, high compression, really wild cams & headwork & a healthy dose of methanol. You really want to have a megane head to be chasing those numbers as well

Catcam 213's are the wildest you can go without having to change to solid lifters

Well we are going fully forged and high compression with over sized pistons plus my engine builder is a master with head work. He's running 280 out of a 2.0 Vauxhall Red Top on Jenveys :0)

Will be wild cant wait for the head work to start, plus will be running her up in the dino room so will be able to tweak her a bit more even at the end of the build.

Little up date on the state of ORB.

Big thanks to Matt Brown for sending parts in the post its always g8 to be able to get new old parts and this was muzzered lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Block is ready just waiting on the crank and flywheel to return form the balancers and it can start putting things in

Dam that's a heavy flywheel, just shy of 5.2kg,
    will post a pic of my new one on its return. Will spin up much better as its 2.2kg lighter

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=166316940097634

Heres the face book page of my engine builder for any1 down south that may be interested