Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ORB rebuild :0)

ORB rebuild :0)

image.jpg

Ok here she is, this is my Willy 2 and after 2yrs the rebuild is now in full swing.

The reason for the delay is this is I'm normally working away across Europe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So will be stripping the head soon and then the magic will start.

My engine is with Grace Engine Devlopments in Newbury not sure if any1 has herd of them on here.

so far she's been board out ready for the forged pistons and rods, u may of noticed Ive got a thing about weight want to save as much a poss so its revving freer and picks up quicker
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ooooohhhh!! Jenvey's

Saving around 195g on each piston and rod set up.
    Saving 2.2kg on my flywheel over the standard as using a Prema Racing one.
    Cutting the pulley weight almost in half saving 285g on each.

Will post some picks of the flywheel soon along with the crank.

Just had the crank knifed edged so will have to weigh it with my spare to see what has been saved

Hehe ya there mega was so excited when they arrived. Will have the manifold nx wk :0)

Quote Originally Posted by thaijedi View Post
    Will have the manifold nx wk :0)
    Did you order it this time last year then?

Haha no just didn't want to pay stupid money getting them as a set from K-Tec so got the manifold from Prima Racing and the 45's from Grace Racing as he's got a few cos that's what he uses on his pick up in the euro class

Got myself a Group A oil pump from Prima Racing, is any1 else using this.?

Also treated myself to a Quaife diff, again any1 else using

Are you sure the manifold is right? Only ask as the only place they're available from is Chadil in Belgium, well they're the only company that actually makes them for a willy/valver and they're are unbelivably useless at getting them sent out. Snowman waited around 4 months for them to send his to him.

I know coops is running a quaife but I doubt he's had chance to drive the car properly yet so probably wont be able to give any useful feedback just yet. I've had experience with quaife diffs on other cars just no a clio, grippers are far superior but any kind of LSD is always a vast improvement over none at all and the quaifes are very good bits of kit

its a great bit of kit, had a bit of driving in anger today and cant get the front end to let go on the road, it grips that hard you have to unturn the corner lol!

need to use it on track though, I can't check it out fully on the road without probably loosing my licence so to be continued

It very standard feeling as well, manoeuvring is a doddle, no wheel skip and the box feels completely stock, no noise, no maintenance, nothing.