Forum User

carbs for track only williams 2.

Anyone got some advice on what carbs setup to go for? my cars got Kent 2002RN cams, verniers, decat, magnex exhaust, filter, chip wizzards remap now Im after the cabs to fuel it all giving a little extra power whilst on track.

All opinions greatly appreciated.

Forum User
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can get a 2x double Weber setup

Forum User
    Ring bogg brothers, they do a manifold and all the bits, not much power gain but will sound fantastic ..

Forum User
    As above bogg brothers , don't be fooled by people saying they don't work. Ran the hilclimb car on 38 chokes to keep air speed up for better idle and low down response and power delivery is incredible. running chipwizard remap like yours , rallyx catcams and a reworked ktec exhaust manifold with headwork by portformance car gives 205bhp at the fly with perfect power curve and strong torque. Not one issue since fitting but I would only put carbs on a track car and obviously for ultimate performance its ITB all the way. Another bonus is you can stay with original radiator. Just my opinion and as I say its worked for me . Thanks ANDREW.

Forum User
    All sounds great to me A&P as long as im about 185bhp that would suit me fine, some have suggested bike carbs, bike throttle bodies etc but i think i need to do some research to know which to get and understand what else I need for the full set up etc...

Any specific detail will help...

Im based in Staffordshire so will need a rolling road afterwards..

Forum User
    You will need a bike fuel pump(remove the original pump) and as these self regulate that's about it, Ring Bogg brothers and they will supply everything including pump and manifold and they will match the carbs to the inlet port spacing . Don't go too big on choke size I would recommend 38 or even 36 you only need bigger if you have solid lifters , wild cam and high compression to need anything else ( remember 45 or 40 webbers are choked down to work on most 2 litre engines.) There are lots of stories of bike carbs not working but these usually come from people just slapping them on and thinking bigger is better. I just want to repeat the fact that ITB'S ARE BETTER FOR POWER before somebody starts that old argument but for the money carbs are a realistic option that work. Oh and one last thing before expecting to get any more power make sure the rest of the engine is in good order pointless bolting carbs onto an engine that's past its best and down on compression I know that sounds obvious but you would be surprised at what people expect sometimes. Good luck mate ANDREW.

Forum User
    Spot on Andy thank you very much bud, I will keep you posted matey your a star.

Im aware of ITB`s being better after running a 250bhp Caterham etc but the cars not really worth spending to much on mate, great fun but cheap..

Cheers....Dave.