Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Hello, just my points but. only the mk1 with brass number plaque, are williams. mine is a 93 plate with 30,000 ish miles and bought for a lot less than that mk2 clio is asking for.
    Mmmm... sounds tres interesting, how about some pics and info... maybe post it in the register.

I agree that the Williams is the one to have but since you bought yours in 2009 ( I'm guessing) values for the best cars whether a Williams, a 2 or a 3 have increased.

Cheers Ian

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Hey my mk 1 was 150 bhp but after a few tweaks and some money later tested on rolling road to be putting 215 out
    Is that with massive homosexuality of a turbo or are you in the high compression itb'd elite club?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    Is that with massive homosexuality of a turbo or are you in the high compression itb'd elite club?
    I have spent £3000 on forged pistons and cams to get 190hp. Suggest you ask that rolling road to check there calibrations as I have never seen +200hp f7r without at least a dirty blower!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I have spent £3000 on forged pistons and cams to get 190hp. Suggest you ask that rolling road to check there calibrations as I have never seen +200hp f7r without at least a dirty blower!
    Plenty of folks running 210+bhp from n/a f7r's & have been for many years, some even as high as 240 and not forgetting the works rally cars ran close to 270/280 and the touring car spec f7r's were 300 on race fuel, all naturally aspirated. Can even get ones on standard inlet up to 186 with headwork, the right cams and injectors

Forged pistons are around the £600 mark & cams with verniers are roughly the same, so what's the rest of the £3k been spent on?
    Last edited by 16v_paddy; 23-03-2014 at 22:18.

Forum User
    Plenty of folks running 210+bhp from n/a f7r's & have been for many years, some even as high as 240 and not forgetting the works rally cars ran close to 270/280 and the touring car spec f7r's were 300 on race fuel, all naturally aspirated. Can even get ones on standard inlet up to 186 with headwork, the right cams and injectors

Forged pistons are around the £600 mark & cams with verniers are roughly the same, so what's the rest of the £3k been spent on?
    Fair enough. That's me told then. But I argue a chip won't make 200+

My 3000 went on
    Forged pistons, con rods, cat cams, verniers, belt kit, induction kit, stainless system, head work, water pump, inlet and exhaust valves and various other bits while it was stripped down. Soon adds up.

Oh of course, the chip thing is a load of bollocks I mis-read what you'd put & thought you was running with a turbo to get 190 bhp

What catcams have you got? I've got 213's -pretty lairy buggers, too wild to run on std ecu afaik - but the big jump in power is the itb's, those & the aftermarket management is what makes the difference.
    I've got cliolords old bottom end which was making 220bhp but I'm using different cams and a megane head so hoping to improve on that figure once it's put together

Forum User
    Oh of course, the chip thing is a load of bollocks I mis-read what you'd put & thought you was running with a turbo to get 190 bhp

What catcams have you got? I've got 213's -pretty lairy buggers, too wild to run on std ecu afaik - but the big jump in power is the itb's, those & the aftermarket management is what makes the difference.
    I've got cliolords old bottom end which was making 220bhp but I'm using different cams and a megane head so hoping to improve on that figure once it's put together
    Sounds like a lot of work. I put mine together about 4 years ago now. Went for 225's because I didn't want to deviate from a stock engine bay. Not had any ecu work done yet. Really should get it sorted but It hardly ever leaves the garage and I don't trust anyone to do it right.

Forum User
    Did you have to make clearance in the head casting to run the 213's?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Did you have to make clearance in the head casting to run the 213's?
    Nope, just slap them in, the hard part is dialling them in correctly - no idea how you do that though so paying someone to do that bit for me

Forum User
    If you have the engine out its not to hard. Has no one done a guide on the forum? And remember to put the flat bolts on the pulleys and not the hex bolts, otherwise when you put the timing cover on it won't turn over. Doh!!