Looking for a very clean and next to factory fresh williams?

Hi,

Thought I would put a wanted thread up.

Had a Williams 3 many years ago a joined the forum again last year to try and get a williams (1).
    Nearly got myself a full resto but ended up going and buying a ph2 V6 mars for a year or so but never really liked the handling, only fault I could pick the rest of the ownership of it/them is something to try!

Anyway if anyone knows of any please let me know. I did think of a resto for myself but really don't have the time for it, would prefer a ready to go car for the odd weekend or car show.

Willing to travel and would like to keep it a 6K very tops!

What treats have you guys got hiding then, haven't been on here in a long time.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Just got a old transit in a deal for my beta trials bike so my defender is going up for sale cheap. Should sell quick so am now looking to spend around 8k for a good one if anyone wants a deal?

My only suggestion (probably useless) is give me a shout in about 8 months time, should have finished restoring mine by then

Forum User
    i'm not aware of any real minters worth that sort of $$$$, that anyone wants to get rid of.. all the near perfect ones, you (and we) all desire are more than likely with their owners until death parts them..

Best off, i think.. and if u have that amount roughly to play with.. try and find the best one u can.. and look into spending half of ur budget.. u wont (shouldn't) have that much to do to get it to the required condition your after.. the original 'out the box' ones are out there but knowing someone who has one and willing to sell, id imagine is a quite a hard task..

Good luck anyway! keep us updated with your search

Quote Originally Posted by Vandella View Post
    i'm not aware of any real minters worth that sort of $$$$, that anyone wants to get rid of.. all the near perfect ones, you (and we) all desire are more than likely with their owners until death parts them..

Best off, i think.. and if u have that amount roughly to play with.. try and find the best one u can.. and look into spending half of ur budget.. u wont (shouldn't) have that much to do to get it to the required condition your after.. the original 'out the box' ones are out there but knowing someone who has one and willing to sell, id imagine is a quite a hard task..

Good luck anyway! keep us updated with your search
    Yes... the last minter I'm aware of went for 10K and it was a Williams 3 not a Williams.

Cheers Ian

Looks like I will have to wait it out or seriously change my plans and do a bit of resto work.

Even trying to find a plug of a williams is proving harder than I thought it would be, have seen the one on ebay but think I would rather have a half decent car to start with.

Think I will give a few companys a call to get some prices for fixing up a shell (worst case, sills, arches, floor pans ect) to see if it will even be worth the effort.
    Can do all the mechanicals my self just not welding or paint.

Even going that route will give me time to find a car tho as it will give me time to collect some harder to get bits/spares so the project could move fast once started.

What to do eh lol.

If I start a new "Wanted add" for a williams (1) any condition, should I delete this thread? Unsure of the forum prefered workings?

Am almost certain am going to have to get my mits dirty and am itching to get one in my garage lol.