Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

f7p running nodiz

hello

just wondered if any of you lot with f7p lumps are running nodiz or efi if so what trigger wheel did you use and what did you do about mounting the sensor for it? is there a complete kit with bracket you can buy from some where

no one fitted a trigger wheel to a f7p ?????

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    no one fitted a trigger wheel to a f7p ?????
    Unless it's fitted to something rwd, fitting a trigger wheel onto an F7 in a clio will be a nightmare because the only place you can really put it is on the crank pulley & that's exposed to the elements & highly susceptible to getting damaged so reliability will be an issue.

What people usually do with aftermarket management on these cars is to fit a megane or 172 flywheel as that has a trigger pattern that works with their management, or in my case I've got canems which works with the standard flywheel trigger pattern

sorry should of added its on a renault 5 an the engine is a tight fit so dont fancy taking it back out to change the flywheel. canems havent heard of it is it good?.

i may change the flywheel at a later date so its all tidy but at the moment just need to get up and running asap.

http://www.canems.co.uk/ sideways danny on here/519 automotive http://www.519automotive.co.uk/ is a distributor for canems & fitted it to my car when I did the itb conversion, mine was the guinea pig test of the at the time new version of the ecu's software that worked with the standard flywheel

thanks this is a great help called them today they really was so helpful and i think this is the route i am going to go down, just wanted to know from you what you think of the ecu and the company as your running it with a f7p. also what you using to replace the standard coil pack.

I'm not running coil pack, still using std dizzy & coil pack and using it on my high compression f7r now well I will when I've finished building it

To run wasted spark you still need a different flywheel.

Who did you speak to? I've only dealt with 519 automotive for everything on mine & Danny is top notch

i spoke direct to canems but they where helpfull may speak to 519 automotive aswell. not running wasted spark not to fussed about that but the bloke at canems said i will have to swap out the standard coil pack for a after market one.

also he said the standard map the ecu comes with would work fine but i would have fort for the odd trigger wheel i would need a certain map?

But maybe i will speak to 519 automotive to check before i order anything

I think it's some option in the ecu software & you just tell it what trigger pattern it's reading but that's all shit I cba with knowing & learning, I just said to 519 "fit that & make it work" job done with no pissing about

Megasquirt, diy'ishness is high though