Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Drove the Willy and 16v back to back.

Gave the williams a drive round the block to blow out the cobwebs and charge the battery this afternoon and I was struck by how flat it corners on the coilovers and felt much more chuckable than the banana! Did'nt feel any slower either except when I tried flooring it in 3rd at 40mph...think coilovers are on the shopping list for sure I don't feel comfortable throwing the 16v into corners. The banana seems to torque steer more too probably due to the really good torque, but maybe the 45 profile tyres too? Almost wanna keep the williams now... :o

Banned
    LOL, just transplant the engine into the Williams. Job done.

J o n
    ^^^ what he said!^^^

^^^hit the nail on the head with that one^^^

Forum User
    good plan! lol

but a williams on coilovers will always handle loads better than just a lowered 16v.

If i were to keep it then coilovers and williams track were on the shopping list for sure!

Martin hire a engine craine and we could swap it in a weekend, call in all the troops

Yeah I know its not exactly a fair test but its amazing how different the cars feel! Not sure as to whether to bother with willy track as it seems to be pretty expensive, was thinking of just coilovering the beast..Hmm??

J o n
    Martin, having driven a standard Valver and Williams this weekend (quite a lot too) the Williams is in another league, both on standard suspension too. Where the valver loses traction completely the Williams is only approaching that same limit, with time to spare. There really is no comparison m8.

Winston-Tbh if my williams was mint I would seriously consider it.....BUT it is'nt! lol

Know what you mean Jesus..!

J o n
    Martin, if I was completely honest I'd say you were mad for getting rid of all the interior etc in the first place out the willy, but now you have the chance to do what you want with a car. You could sell the Willy and put the money into the Banana and other things, or, you could get another Williams and swap the engines over... but there's not much point in that. The way I see it is you really have the best of both worlds. You have a car that you can make look how you want to and not get shit for it, plus it has the engine that most Clio owners only ever dream about. If I had that car the only things i'd do would be put Williams or valver interior in, a colour coded Williams/Valver spoiler (Willy one ideally) and then convert the track and take the coilovers off your other one and return that to stock... or run the valver on stock Williams track and setup. Either way, you have masses of options you lucky sod!