Thread: Remote locking

Forum User

Remote locking

Can anyone help me with a problem I have, ever since I purchased the car the remote locking sensor is missing from the interior light. I was planning on getting one from a scrappy but can anyone confirm this is programmed on the ECU end and it doesnt matter if the sensor is from another clio?

Although I don't know for sure, but I suspect that it will be specific to that car. Otherwise, every Clio key would open every Clio.

Quote Originally Posted by pvsmark View Post
    Can anyone help me with a problem I have, ever since I purchased the car the remote locking sensor is missing from the interior light. I was planning on getting one from a scrappy but can anyone confirm this is programmed on the ECU end and it doesnt matter if the sensor is from another clio?
    Its not linked to the ECU - Clio Mk1 were not that advanced. You would need a transponder in a keyfob and key programme box installed if that were the case.
    I might have a key fob transmitter and remote receiver (fits under the central mirror) if your interested?
    PM me for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by pvsmark View Post
    Hey look what i've just found!
    I've check it and it's fully working.

I can confirm that any sensor from another car will work, it's the gubbins after the sensor that are unique to each car

Forum User
    Thanks for the comments guys, I've just purchased the gubbins from willy3ams so will update this thread on how i get on.

I reckon you'll be alright - I swapped the receiver and plip on my mk 1 clio with the one I sold 'pvsmark' and the central locking worked just fine.
    I then replaced the key-blade put it inside the 'pvsmark's' plip and the car started right away.
    Confirming MK1 Phase 1/2 clios don't use transponders and key ring sensors linked with ECU's.
    Last edited by willy3ams; 13-11-2013 at 01:10.

Phase 2 valvers do though, I'd love to meet the garlic smelling tosser that put the immobiliser in the ph2 ecus & cut his cock off with said ecu
    Complete arse ache if you've got a ph2 valver & that's before you get to the central locking & only having 1 key, something I tried to crack a couple of years ago but gave up in the end, used a ph1 ecu & got a key cut and used the locks manually

Forum User
    Those sensors can be a pain, especially on the PH2 Valvers. Mine stopped working in the middle of no where... on moors with heavy snow.. wasn't funny at the time.. took it apart when I got towed home, and saw blue/green corrosion had bridged some of the solder joints.. scrapped it away and waterproofed the pcb, had no further issues.