Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    Wanna do my williams when it's finished? Saves me searching high & low for a local enough detailing freak to come & do it

Can do mate. Let me know what you want to achieve with it and we can discuss price (nothing daft just to cover my time and products) I only do it as a hobby but my first ever job was valeting BMWs at 16 so cleaning cars is in my DNA unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    Can do mate. Let me know what you want to achieve with it and we can discuss price (nothing daft just to cover my time and products) I only do it as a hobby but my first ever job was valeting BMWs at 16 so cleaning cars is in my DNA unfortunately!
    That finish is amazing . I might give you a call if I ever get mine finished. Only problem I have would be scared of driving the thing in case of any dents or scratches. Can you get 3d film to go on the front of clio's might be a worthy investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    Oh I have no issues paying decent money as I understand what's involved, the bonus is that you're local

I'm going for absolute immaculateness (is that even a word? ) concours standard so I can sell it for as much as possible

A mechanical update; all front suspension has been rebuilt. The passenger side was a doddle, the drivers side (the one running too much camber) was a bitch and I ended up having to smash the top strut mount off to remove the shocker. Everything's been freshened up with a little paint and new OEM discs and Pagid pads. Monday I'm tackling the polished lip on the rims and trying to free off the rear brake compensator, then its MOT time. I've got a bit of a snag list going but won't bore you with that, it's just minor detail.

New ABS ring onto driveshaft

passenger side built back up and looking fresh.

knackered bent drivers side shocker. Replaced with OEM part. New disc, pads and freshen up as per passenger side.

the San Miguel's flowing and I'm as stiff as a board, dy off the car tomorrow with the family, then back on it Monday.

Its funny, I've done so much today but the proudest but was dropping the car off the axle stands and seeing I'd cured the camber problem. I could have cried!!

on a separate note, I've now got a brand new set of Eibach camber bolts for sale now.

I'm impressed by how buggered that shock is

nice work James, shame i'm going to miss you dropping in tomorrow to grab the cable, will make an effort to pop over at some point and see the car now its done

Ok another update, today I have been attempting to polish the lip on my totally gold alloys. It's been a bit trial and error, but here's how it went.

I visited a mate to get the tyres popped off the rim to make things easier, then I used my rotary polisher and cut a small disc of 120 grit sandpaper, and went to work.

i then progressively sanded using wet and dry on a block by hand, starting at 240, then 320, 400, 600, then 2000 grit. I finally used good old autosol metal polish on a compounding sponge on my rotary to polish. Here's the end result.

finally I fitted a new Sony CD player, as it had a shitty Panasonic unit that jumped at the sight of a pothole, off to the MOT centre.

passed without a single advisory.

back to work tomorrow to earn some money now, as the pot is empty! It's been emotional!

Forum User
    good job mate! we're all proud of you!

nice handy work on the rims too..

what an amazing job on those rims!!!! Thats a good rim job