Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris197F1 View Post
    I totally agree with you Hoppo, im seeing more and more being sold for spares. When I first started looking for a Williams around a year ago there were maybe 10 or so on ebay to choose from but recently it more like 2-3. Im worried that once im finally in a position to buy there will be none left lol
    Buy know then

give me some money then lol

give me some money then lol
    P/X Fiesta

One word of advice I would give (this is my 3rd project car and so far the first mistake) I bought mine for £1,500 thinking a grands worth of fettling would get it nice. So far I am around £3,000 into work on it (with the welding and respray) so I think it will stand me at £4,500. I am buying the majority of parts from Renault and I dont scrimp so I have bought the sill plates (£75 each!) A pillar trims, new badges etc. I bought 2 donor doors and tailgate off a scrapped 1.2RN as they're rust free. There was a WIlliams 3 that was beautiful that changed hands for around £3,500 I think.

If you want a project, buyer beware! Ive been in the motor industry all my life and I got stung. Look underneath the car. What looks OK on the surface may be horrendous underneath. Mine had been patched up with fibreglass and filler!!!

getting there chap though it seems, is Glyn likely to want to take on another tho with all the trouble with yours ;) lol!

also, where did you get the outer sills from and are they gen ren or pattern ones? didn't think you could get valver/Williams sills anymore was all and most but 1.2 or similar and have them modded to fit

Hoppo thanks for the advice, when I first took interest in getting a Clio I was looking around £1500 but since reading a few horror stories and not having much mechanical knowledge myself I have now thought its best if I buy one 'ready made' so to speak lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    getting there chap though it seems, is Glyn likely to want to take on another tho with all the trouble with yours ;) lol!

also, where did you get the outer sills from and are they gen ren or pattern ones? didn't think you could get valver/Williams sills anymore was all and most but 1.2 or similar and have them modded to fit
    He might do Coops! They are pattern parts from carz2.co.uk Glynn said they were really good quality. He has modded them as they were slightly too long, then fully fabricated new inner sills too. He is a good guy, just a bit slow as he needs to do the odd smaller job to keep the cash flowing I think, and the paint reacting certainly wasnt his fault, things have painted fine with the change to water based paint. I'm up there this weekend to help with the rebuild so I should have it back shortly and I will post up pics, then onto the mechanicals!

Hoppo thanks for the advice, when I first took interest in getting a Clio I was looking around £1500 but since reading a few horror stories and not having much mechanical knowledge myself I have now thought its best if I buy one 'ready made' so to speak lol
    The thing about the Williams is it is getting to the age where most of them need work or have already had bodywork done. So when you go and check these cars out, you need to go with your eyes wide open. Do your research Take a magnet, a couple of ramps and if you're unsure take somebody who knows what to look out for. Sorry if that sounds like I'm teaching you to suck eggs. But it's worth trying to find a good one as they are a pleasure to own and drive. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    He might do Coops! They are pattern parts from carz2.co.uk Glynn said they were really good quality. He has modded them as they were slightly too long, then fully fabricated new inner sills too. He is a good guy, just a bit slow as he needs to do the odd smaller job to keep the cash flowing I think, and the paint reacting certainly wasnt his fault, things have painted fine with the change to water based paint. I'm up there this weekend to help with the rebuild so I should have it back shortly and I will post up pics, then onto the mechanicals!
    Cheers chap, did he source the panels for you then? I guess they are normal 3 door ones, the valver/Williams shells are slightly shorter, but modding to fit is fine.

either way the turbo will need inner sills, outer ones and front jacking points (I have already bought these on your recommendation from Renault )

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Cheers chap, did he source the panels for you then? I guess they are normal 3 door ones, the valver/Williams shells are slightly shorter, but modding to fit is fine.

either way the turbo will need inner sills, outer ones and front jacking points (I have already bought these on your recommendation from Renault )
    No mate I bought the sills. They were next to nothing, about £30 delivered from memory! Im there tomorrow buffing the paintwork prior to the rebuild so ill ask him if he is brave enough, although price might go up as theres more work than he initially thought im guessing. I'm giving him £1,500 including a full respray, asn having seen what he has had to do to it I think thats very cheap. I think £2k is more like it!