Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

bonnet primed and ready for paint!

Forum User
    that's a shame mate, at least now u know it'll be how it should be, and solid.. looking forward to some more pics and good news!

any more pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    any more pictures?
    Hi Richard, not yet. We have had to switch to water based paint as the 2 pack solvent based caused untold issues. I should have the car back in the next couple of weeks and will post some very detailed pics and an honest appraisal. So far I am very impressed with Glynns welding, he has rebuilt the inner sills from scratch, progress has been slow but it's also cheap so I'd rather him take his time and ensure the jobs right.

the cars like Triggers Broom (RIP) I've so far sourced both doors and a tailgate, all rust free from Motorhog in a Doncaster. Plus I'm about £500 into genuine new parts, like B pillar trims, new tailgate badges, sill trims, new clips and new arch liners. I figured I'd May as well do the job properly.

Only way to do it.

Is he rust proofing it all before you get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    Only way to do it.

Is he rust proofing it all before you get it back?
    Yes, fully schultzing underside and arches, rebuilding lips on inner front arches, waxoyl into new panels. I recon with all new parts and work I'm into £2,500 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    Quick update! Jobs going very well. Only got a couple of pics, but I'll upload more as I go along.

Hi chaps newbie on here but have had my Williams 2 for about 12years until the dreaded rust worm confided it to the garage as a hobby. I've plated the rear chassis and have had to modify a mk1 standard rear arch to the wider arch on the willy. Next stage will be the sills. What did your bodywork guy do to the sills. Did he use a standard sill and modify. Do you have any more photos closer up. Any information to make it easier would be grateful. I've used rustoleum primer, hammerite under body seal with chassis black paint to seal the bottom of the car and chassis rails. This has given a lovely thick coat and should be rust proof. Good work these cars are worth saving.

Quote Originally Posted by mack1 View Post
    Hi chaps newbie on here but have had my Williams 2 for about 12years until the dreaded rust worm confided it to the garage as a hobby. I've plated the rear chassis and have had to modify a mk1 standard rear arch to the wider arch on the willy. Next stage will be the sills. What did your bodywork guy do to the sills. Did he use a standard sill and modify. Do you have any more photos closer up. Any information to make it easier would be grateful. I've used rustoleum primer, hammerite under body seal with chassis black paint to seal the bottom of the car and chassis rails. This has given a lovely thick coat and should be rust proof. Good work these cars are worth saving.
    Hi Mack1, he has modified a standard sill, to be honest I dont think the flair achieved is perfect, but I cant tell so it will suffice. Andreas on here has a great pic by pic weld up and thread to have a look at, theres a link earlier in this thread I think. I totally agree these cars are fast becoming a cult classic, and the fact they are so quick to rust means they are getting broken rather than repaired as its either too costly or too badly corroded to save. Good lucking getting yours on the road.

I totally agree with you Hoppo, im seeing more and more being sold for spares. When I first started looking for a Williams around a year ago there were maybe 10 or so on ebay to choose from but recently it more like 2-3. Im worried that once im finally in a position to buy there will be none left lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    Hi Mack1, he has modified a standard sill, to be honest I dont think the flair achieved is perfect, but I cant tell so it will suffice. Andreas on here has a great pic by pic weld up and thread to have a look at, theres a link earlier in this thread I think. I totally agree these cars are fast becoming a cult classic, and the fact they are so quick to rust means they are getting broken rather than repaired as its either too costly or too badly corroded to save. Good lucking getting yours on the road.
    Don't think I'm one of the privilegedwon't let me on his posts . Unfortunately I'm trying to get parts for my car from a scrap car. Anyway just means my car will go up in value once rebuilt. These cars are such a great drive they need saving