Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Help!! MOT Flop, Welding Required!

Morning, Car flopped MOT on rust, the previous MOT guy must have been blind as it didnt have a single advisory. Anyways the project continues. I have found an online site (carpanels4u) that stocks sills so I should be ok here. couple of questions though;

1) Anyone know a good but realistic priced welder in Chesterfield/Sheffield/Derby? I want the job done well, Im am happy to pay good money for a good job.
    2) whilst the rear arches look OK I have found one in stock online at this place, but I am sure the Willy rear arches are more flaired. Is this right?

Cheers in advance of any replys. Incidentally the only mechanical failure was a snapped front spring and a seized brake pressure regulator! Typical!!

Williams arches are more flared and are unobtainable as a repair panel although i think you can buy a full rear quarter still which are quite pricey, a good body technician will be able to modify the narrower arches to fit the williams without too much hassle, the sills will also need modifying too but again should be no real headache for a professional

Cheers for the quick reply, I 98% knew the rear arches were different, but thought the sills would be the same? I wasnt intending on blowing my wallet this quick as we have just moved house, and have a 2 1/2 year old that wants a good Christmas! Priorities........The Williams must get sorted! lol!

I work for Pendragon (Evans Halshaw parent) so can get access to the full Renault parts catalogue at cost plus 10%, so I am now a regular face at Evans Halshaw Renault in Sheffield! If the full rear arches are available, and less than £200 each with my discount I may plump for them, there is no point having to get this work done twice. This car will be a show piece when I have done (Any I will be skint!)

Forum User
    When I enquired at renault the price was around £400 for a rear panel?

Subscribed Member
    The sills are different to mate they flair out at the the back so needs to be modified I'm afraid

Subscribed Member
    Here is my project will give you an idea
    http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...-project/page3

Forum User
    i inquired about all rear panels from the smallest to the largest body piece from Renault and was told/shown that nothing was available even from France.. would it be a possibility that its a case of ringing different Renault's around the country to check stock? long shot i know.. lol have even tried looking on french website's although my french and Google translate together seem to ask/search some weird shiz..

BTW... to whom this may concern.. i cant see/don't have privileges to see andreas395's thread, can u assist please?
    Last edited by Vandella; 24-10-2013 at 19:35.

could be because you are a forum user Vandella, maybe your membership has run out

Forum User
    Try LW Smart Repairs in Alfreton, Leigh Watson there has done a number of Williams restorations / work on various cars and does a quality job!

as above, I use leigh and he's cracking, but get your wallet ready