Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Keep my Mk1 or buy Mk3?

Hi guys, need some advice as I'm a bit unsure what to do.

I own a 93 Mk1 that's in fairly good condition but with some rust coming through now on the arches and the alloys need refurbishing. It's in the garage at the mo having a new timing belt fitted but it will probably need a new clutch before long as well. I'm about 2,500 quid into the car as it stands with probably another grand or more needed to get it up to a decent standard. If I could do the work myself, I'd keep it no worries but I don't have the tools/skills to replace a clutch etc.

Just this week, I spotted an immaculate Mk3 not far from me that's had a lot of work done to it, including new clutch, exhaust, wheels done plus has some nice performance engine mods as well. Best thing though, no rust. Seller is asking 2,500 ono which seems very reasonable.

So the question is do I keep the Mk1 and spend more money on it or sell it and buy the Mk3?
    Or maybe I should have them both?!

Cheers
    Ben

Forum User
    Mk 3 for £2.5k?? is that a 197 for that sort of money??

Ah you mean a williams 3. I was wondering what you were meaning when you said mk3

Yeah sorry, should have made that clear. I have a Williams 1 but thinking of buying this Williams 3 on ebay instead.
    Seems very cheap doesn't it? too good to be true maybe.

Forum User
    in my opinion spend money on the willy 1!!! its the original and the best and your more likely to get you rmoney bk on it than a clio willy 3

I'd spend the money on the 1 for sure.

Loads more offers on the ebay clio since I posted this thread!

Subscribed Member
    I would keep the 1 all day long you could buy a 3 and have problems least you know your car and what has been done to

i had a 3 for 8 years and always wanted a 1 . in the end a 1 came up at a cheap price and needed work doing (see projects thread) so i sold the 3 in the end. 1's are the original and the best IMO .
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215