Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAO

looking clean there lads.

An update...

I haven't updated this in ages, so thought I'd post a quick animation of the willy in a heroic slide at last weekend's "Bomb along" targa rally at debden. A few silly mistakes puts us down at 6th overall, but much better than two weeks earlier when a broken (cheap chinese parts..) lower ball joint put the car out of action for four of the tests, and we've yet to be beaten by any of those new-fangled 172/182 cars.
    The car now has gaz gold suspension and a Quaiffe diff - you can really see the diff working it's magic to pull us out of the slide in the animation!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AlanC; 23-11-2016 at 12:21. Reason: animated gif won't work

can you upload a link direct to the giff file for me to try insert?

Try this attachment, although the forum seems to truncate the 1.66MB animated gif to a single frame when attached grrr. I would submit it as a video, but it's actually just 9 frames taken in quick succession by the professional rally photographer who just happened to be standing in the right place.

Attached as a .zip file this time...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also I don't think I posted this photo of a mishap last year - only superficial damage, but made for a spectacular photo - I reckon the photographer was there oiling the surface to make sure he was in the right spot!

Man gravel gets everywhere

Update & Photos

I haven't updated this in ages, but the old Willy is stilly going strong with the rallying, becoming something of an old campaigner now. We're steadily improving, mostly by learning to drive better rather than improvements to the car, now having won two events outright. Although many have tried, we've still yet to be beated by a common-as-muck 172/182 cup car

Attached are some photos from earlier this year - the "Bomb along" targa rally and the "Complete Rally Services Challenge". The latter was a particularly tough event, being 65 miles of mud and gravel tracks and across stubble fields. We finished, but only just, with much work to do fixing all the bits that fell off!
    Last edited by AlanC; 18-10-2017 at 15:08.

that first picture looks like it was hard going!

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    that first picture looks like it was hard going!
    Not Quite as hard going as in this one:

The Quaiffe works wonders in situations like that!