2013...FCS post show thoughts!

Well, I had a good time.

I woke up really late and had to hammer it to arrive vaguely on time, but the little Clio ate the miles up without a hiccup and it was a good test to see if all my electrical wiring work had paid off and finally sorted out my misfires. Pleased to say: YES. All fixed, and engine feels great once again.

I also had just fitted my new Oreca bucket seats and harnesses, which really encourage you to push in the bends hehe.

I got near FCS and spotted a poorly Williams just off the M4 roundabout, so hooned it back round to see if I could help. It was none other than our own FATBOY, and hidden away a bit was Summeh in his 182! It transpired the loom to the lambda had been shorting out and causing electrical issues, so AA man sorted that for FATBOY and he was happily on his way again, yipee! Handy as my phone satnav had somehow deleted itself and I would have undoubtedly have gotten lost without someone to follow, as is my usual style...

So, we got to FCS, our stand was a really convenient one this year, no dust clouds to navigate and due to the trees there was no high winds constantly howling about. The sun came out just as we got there too, I think Summeh got pretty burnt lol.

There was a very low turnout from WilliamsClio this year, mainly due to the location being too far for most. I did however suggest to the 16v club they could park with us if their stand was too full, which I think they had an issue with this year, plus their stand was miles away...so we had a few known faces from their club with us in Mk1's.

Thraxair was there, seemingly out on track most of the time having a great time in his Williams, I can't believe how time has flown since he started his degree and garaged his Williams over three years ago! Seems like yesterday we were at Angelsey on the WC track day!

Flan was about too in his Williams and I am a bit pissed I didn't get a chance to check his car out much as I was interested to see his 20v conversion.

All in all, a disappointing turnout but it was still really nice to catch up with people, and with fewer people I had more quality time to chat and poke about with peoples cars.

Some clubs sound like they had issues with organisation this year, but tbh I found it painless to organise as the people here followed instructions.

Hope those of you that went had a good time, even if things were more mellow this year

aye was an awesome time! Really enjoyed it and got some good ideas for my willy. Dan your william's is looking amazing. Specially with the buckets and harnesses... cage next?

Thanks mate! Yea I think I will cage it. Will get some dents removed and some bits sprayed too for next year. As I was driving home I was thinking what an awesome engine is in it, certainly not as fast as others, nor my BMW on straights, but still bloody epic and so much fun on the twisty bits.

Yea, you had some good info there I think for future engine choice. Matey at the PEC stand was talking about dry sumped Clio engines as well, not sure if you heard?

Forum User
    Good too See you boys again! Im not sure how good that show can ever be really, judging by the majority of the clientele... :P

I had fun pootling around on the track though.. bar the brown trouser moment with the twat in the citroen! Close call that!

I came over to the WC stand from C16v towards the end of the day along with most others, so thanks for that. Our stand was in a shite position.

Loved the 20vt clios! Pretty underwhelmed with the show this year if i'm honest, didn't seem anywhere near as busy as it used to be at Rockingham

piss piss poor show this year!! just not well planned at all. FCS have let themselves down big time. turnout was very very low, didnt seem too much in the way of traders or any kind of autojumble???? left at 5AM and spent £80 on fuel to get there. wont be doing FCS again if combe is the venue again..... but was nice to meet a few old faces, especially dan and matt who hung about in my hour of need was also nice to meet andreas too. your williams 2 was looking bang tidy and thanks for the velcro pads
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    Yes the show was a little quiet, i liked the venue on the other hand and imo much nicer than the cramped donny last year. But i did like parade lapping on the sunday though!

Thanks for sorting the stand wobba - in all 10 years in the Renault scene - this was the first FCS ive missed. Well getting married is a good excuse i think

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    Well getting married is a good excuse i think
    Indeed. A very good one. Congratulations.