Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HGP

HGP

Hi all, just picked up my Williams 3. Plenty of jobs to do on it, its very much a work in progress. I'm sure ill be asking 20 questions in other sections of the forum. I'm located in Chesterfield.

Looks can be deceptive, the paintwork isn't the best. I wet sanded and machined the drivers side using Scholl S17 and Farecla g3 to remove the poor finish, its an improvement but still not good enough. I'm well into detailing and paintwork correction so it will be getting a full once over and if the results aren't good enough its off for a partial respray. Mechanically sound, it was bought new from Radbourne Racing in Wimbledon, I would like to have words with the owner that put Tigar Prima tyres on this, they are naff and look to be cracking up, so decent rubber is my next purchase.

And if anyone's interested, this is what it now sits beside.

Subscribed Member
    Love my mk2 gti s I will have one one day but with something special under the bonnet you keeping both ?

Quote Originally Posted by andreas395 View Post
    Love my mk2 gti s I will have one one day but with something special under the bonnet you keeping both ?
    For now, although a good friend has made a very good offer for the Golf knowing how much attention to detail I go into with my car projects. If his money comes good I may let him go! The Williams has already gotten under my skin and I'm committed to getting it to near concourse standard. It's a standard 8v with a couple of 16v styling touches (rear lights and BBS alloys)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    For now, although a good friend has made a very good offer for the Golf knowing how much attention to detail I go into with my car projects. If his money comes good I may let him go! The Williams has already gotten under my skin and I'm committed to getting it to near concourse standard. It's a standard 8v with a couple of 16v styling touches (rear lights and BBS alloys)

And while I reminisce, this was my last project I should never have sold, it was a beaut!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    And while I reminisce, this was my last project I should never have sold, it was a beaut!

Still a great looking car.... had two in my time. I have always rated those wheels as the best looking ever.

Cheers Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    Still a great looking car.... had two in my time. I have always rated those wheels as the best looking ever.

Cheers Ian
    It deserves its place in hot hatch history, as does the Williams. For me, having now gone German with the Mk2, its clear to me that the French have the skill of making thrilling, tinny hot hatches, and I love them!

UPDATE - lots happened, second hand gearbox being fitted as we speak, clutch cable snapped and now she's jumping out of 3rd under load, I have to fess up I think I mashed a no clutch gear change! Rear discs pads and bearings fitted, Toyo T1r tyres going on, new front indicators as they're cracked, new rear back box going on to replace the chav stainless effort (that's now for sale if anyone wants it!) new Italian leather gear gaitor arrived to replace the plastic cracked up one, new rocker cover gasket being fitted this weekend. Both sides being repainted as David Blunkett has done it last time........ With a brush!

it WILL be mint when I've done!