Hi all,

I've reluctantly put my car up for sale as I'm still doing about between 15 and 20k a year for work and doing that in an 18 year old Clio seems a bit daft. If it doesn't sell, though, I won't be too annoyed!

Pictures on pistonheads here: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...dition/1516753

Taxed till December 2013, MOT till May 2014.

Brief history of the car:

1995 - 1998; used regularly, 32k miles on clock
1998 - 2003; used as a static demo car in an audio showroom (no mileage added)
2003 - 2004; used regularly, 5k added, 37k miles on clock
2004 - 2012; car stored (no mileage added)

I bought the car last year as I was very impressed with the state of the car, despite it needing some restoration and work to get it back on the road as a daily driver. The car is completely standard, with the exception of upgraded speakers in the doors & windscreen pillars and an upgraded stereo with cd changer in the boot; these are left over from the cars days as an audio demonstrator.

Work done since June 2012 is listed below. Most was done prior to regular use, to ensure that the car would be reliable; it has not broken down at all since I've owned it, at any point in the 14k miles I have done in it

Paint professionally restored & window tints removed (see http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=277570)
new front tyres
new front brake pads
new brake master cylinder
oil & filter (x 3)
cambelt & fanbelt replaced
new radiator
heater motor replaced
windscreen washer motors replaced
brake fluid replaced
coolant replaced
gear box oil replaced
new air filter
new spark plugs & leads
new door kick plates
new genuine Renault gear knob
new clutch cable
new clutch pedal mechanism

In terms of service history, I have all the receipts for the work above and all the previous MOTs for the car, which prove the mileage.

The car has a Cobra category 1 alarm/immobiliser. All dials work and there is no rust on the bodyshell, including the boot and doors. The only bad points with the car are some marks on a couple of the wheels, which I personally don't think justify the cost of refurbishment when the car is in daily use, and the electric mirrors don't work (but can be adjusted manually). Everything else is in excellent working condition, and it would not take much to restore this car to show condition. On its recent MOT it received 1 advisory, a slight leak of exhaust gases.