Forum User

expansion tank help

In these times of tightness, does anyone have the OE price for the above from Renault? with the cap. Some bloke on eBay is selling it for £30 all in, but sometimes you don't always get a good deal on eBay, sometimes its better to get these from Renault. There is another guy in Poland selling them for a £10 without the cap. Any help is appreciated.

Subscribed Member
    There is some on eBay doing them for under £5 delivered from Germany with no cap even with a copy one what can go wrong if it fits right

Forum User
    I Bought one from Renault for £37 recently, don't think it came with a cap but didn't open it to check.

I'd say avoid the cheap tanks. I bought an aftermarket Birth expansion tank last year, that was so bad (leaked at the thread + there were very-very small lips on the two bottom pipe connections), that I had to put back the original, dirty tank after 200 km. A new one from Renault is approx £38-40 without cap

Subscribed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanoo_ View Post
    I'd say avoid the cheap tanks. I bought an aftermarket Birth expansion tank last year, that was so bad (leaked at the thread + there were very-very small lips on the two bottom pipe connections), that I had to put back the original, dirty tank after 200 km. A new one from Renault is approx £38-40 without cap
    Wow that does sound shite I will let you know what the one I ordered is like last week for a spare not got it yet hope it's not that bad

Pm schakal I got one off him with a cap at a good price a few years ago think he still does them

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/member.php?1371-schakal

Quote Originally Posted by andreas395 View Post
    Wow that does sound shite I will let you know what the one I ordered is like last week for a spare not got it yet hope it's not that bad

Pm schakal I got one off him with a cap at a good price a few years ago think he still does them

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/member.php?1371-schakal
    The guy selling them for £30 on ebay is schakal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280821376948

Subscribed Member
    Yes but if you go direct he usually does it cheaper then ebay as he does not pay selling fees

Forum User
    Thanks guys I have PM'd him, which is the best coolant to use? I have only used the Renault one in the past, I had some mates that worked at GSF, sadly no more!!

Stick with the Renault stuff then, it's not expensive anyway

Forum User
    will the 5 liter bottle cover it? Also while im on the subject how much oil does the willy take, is it 5.5 L?