Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    lol...if only we knew the price of fuel in 6 years...

Consumers really made an impact...not.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    lol...if only we knew the price of fuel in 6 years...

Consumers really made an impact...not.
    Maybe without consumer impact it would have been 2 quid already?

Was always a scheme destined to fail though, the retailers make next to **** all anyway, its the amount of tax and the price of the underlying barrel of oil that dictate the cost, so nothing BP or Esso could really do about it anyway.

I suspect that email was written by someone who works for tesco, lol

I don't understand why we are still so reliant on fssil fuels. Not like this is a new issue or anything is it? I heard about global warming over 20 years ago.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    I don't understand why we are still so reliant on fssil fuels. Not like this is a new issue or anything is it? I heard about global warming over 20 years ago.
    Global warming is a massively exagerated issue IMHO

We're reliant on fossil fuels largely because the powerful people in the world tend to own a lot of the fossil fuel related assets I suspect.

I do some technology consultancy to a couple of japanese car brands and they are looking at more in the way of plug in vehicles, but ultimately thats still fossil fuelled to a large extent while we still have so many fossil fuel power stations, it just changes where it gets burned!

Nuclear-eletric is the future IMHO, but we're a way off yet, not least because of the problem of how you quickly transfer 200+ miles of charge into a car in the first place in a hurry (filling with petrol takes only a couple of minutes)
    Even with those issues solved though, you still then have to actually roll out the infracstructure to do it, imagine the cost of adding an eletric charging point to every petrol station.
    and then how would the government make up the lost fuel tax revenue?

Its a complicated problem.

This thread is funny. I will soon trading the Williams in for a bicycle!

Forum User
    What about hydrogen fuel?

One thing to make you feel better, petrol is about £1.62 in Turkey at the moment
    Had a hire car yesterday, a Renault symbol which is just a Clio saloon, i put 100 lira in the tank (£40 ish) and it gave me just over half a tank!! That is bad considering how little people earn there aswell....

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin..
    What about hydrogen fuel?
    Well thats one way of relatively quickly filling a car up with energy from a power station but its potentially quite dangerous even relative to petrol etc.

I dont think its the answer personally.

One thing to make you feel better, petrol is about £1.62 in Turkey at the moment
    Had a hire car yesterday, a Renault symbol which is just a Clio saloon, i put 100 lira in the tank (£40 ish) and it gave me just over half a tank!! That is bad considering how little people earn there aswell....
    Ouch!

That'll sound cheap when this thread gets bumped in another 5 years though, lol

Forum User
    Petrol seems to have gone up everywhere, not too sure if any sort of demo or petition is going to work, the Govts make to much money on the duty/vat on fuels to even consider putting it down.

Before all this Libya stuff took off i would have suggested you all move there, nice roads and only 16p a litre, hows that for a bargain.
    Was tempted to fill up a few jerry cans on my way back last year.

Home made E85 is the way forward!