Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Petrol prices!!!!

Hi i recieved this email tday, just thought id share it wiv u guys to see wot u thought of it, i think i mite try to keep to it too

Sorry wouldn't normally do this, but 96p a liter is annoying me too.

Hi guys, this came from a friend of mine. Read it and see what you think, sounds good to me. Worth a try? A Plan to Reduce UK Petrol Prices - a rip-off at over 90p litre
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE...
    See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting 95p a
    litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.
    Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we
    hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:
    For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two
    biggest
    oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their
    prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to
    follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and
    BP Petrol buyers.It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)
    How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 80days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
    Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
    please pass this message on.
    PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE It is easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Had this email sooo many times.

I only use shell anyway.

Mat.

ohh rite, i only use morrisons fuel really anyway tbh

Forum User
    only use Optimax - but in truth it is the government who overtax the petrol anyway and of course the oil co's supply the supermarkets etc so the chances are you would be buying from BP and Esso inadvertanly anyway - still agree the price is ludicrus although mentally I just don't think about it as I have to commute to work and it's in the middle of nowhere with no public transport I have no option but to drive [my favourite time of the day though - just chillin in the car with the sounds up :D ]

I have seen this before as well. and they say to avoid those companys but they subcontract there fuel to supermarkets so i guess you have to stop using them to

Bout time that there was some action though.

Banned
    If you want to lower petrol prices simply dont vote for the governement, and write them a letter stating that you voted for someone else because you didnt like the high levels of fuel duty.

If everyone did this the proices would come down.

Its called democaracy and is why we have a vote.

Suppose ur rite snakeylady!! Pic from arj

Though if your talking about democracy then there should be a system which allows us to tell people our issues which gets passed up through the chain until it is reviewed and sorted out..
    I think there is one about but cant remember the names for it all. shame it doesnt work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arj256
    Though if your talking about democracy then there should be a system which allows us to tell people our issues which gets passed up through the chain until it is reviewed and sorted out..
    I think there is one about but cant remember the names for it all. shame it doesnt work.

There is a system, you have to write to your local MP, and if he receives enough protests, he will take the issues up at the house of parliment.

Thats what his job is.

So wouldnt it be a better idea, to all complain to our local mps and bombard them with protests. and if enough of us do it then it should be addressed.
    If its not then. we need to get rid of our government if they wont listen to the opinions of the people..