Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I knew they would tow you home mate. As soon as they see its a williams or a valver they think......**** that lol :D

Engine out thats what Valvers and Williams is all about1!!

happened on my valver coming out of work, still drove it home though lol, part was about £15 from renault, got my local mechanic to fit it, said he never wanted to do it again though!

right andyvalver sent me this pic! obviously the airbox has to be taken out! then i unhook that below!

then what?
    do pull the old snapped cable back thru there?? and feed the new cable thru from the pedal? or do i feed the new one the from the clutch end? i will get the front end up on some ramps.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

You dont need ramps. You need to unhook the cable in the pic and pull it from the box. Take off your heat shield and you should be able to see where it goes into the bulkhead to the pedal. Dont pull it stright out, try and attatch the new cable too it so you can pull it through with the old one. If that fails the tie some wire to the new one and thread that through. Tis a pain in the arse and you could really do with a mate to pull it through while you feed it in. Once its through, attarch to the pedal which also can be fiddly then route it all the way back to the box and have fun trying to get it back on that end. :D

SORTED!!!!!!!!!! thank god my neighbour across the road is a mechanic! and guess how much he wanted! fook all! gonna buy him a 20 pack of stella for his kindness
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    SORTED!!!!!!!!!! thank god my neighbour across the road is a mechanic! and guess how much he wanted! fook all! gonna drink a 20 pack of stella for his kindness

Mat.

Nice one mate. Did ya try and do it ya self first? Right pain in the arse aint they :D

I did mine in an hour, with no previous mechanical skills :D

Piece of cake, next i might dismantle my gearbox or fiddle with something.....what could possibley go wrong.

yeah had a look took the airbox off and battery unhooked it and thought what the ****!!!! luckily my neighbour across the way pulled up came over and had a look! he said best get a jack he asked if i had one and i said no just a scissor jack, so he went and got his trolley jack and took over from there!!!! bastard getting it thru the bulkhead! but am pleased none the less :D
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215