Thread: Battry

Forum User

Battry

I decided to get a new battery for my car as it's sat a while and its on it's way out.

I bought a Bosch S3 as it was listed for the car here;

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Re...65dd86e&000020

upon removing the old one this is a little smaller, as the car is going to be doing a bit of sitting while I get her upto speed is it worth taking this one back and going to the S4 battery or will this suffice!? it will be a pain to post back due to it's weight!

There's 2 sizes of battery available for these cars and both are fine as long as you have the clamp properly in place. For cars with the smaller batteries this little plastic clip goes on the tray to help hold it in place a bit better

I've got a metal battery clip if you want it dean

Battery size is fine. If you are worried about it going flat over time then just buy a Ctek 3600 trickle charger and leave it connected to the car all the time. This will prolong the life of the battery on cars that are not used often.

Forum User
    sorry for my poor spelling typing error of battery last night!, Steven I will decide what Im doing and I might take that clamp from yourself.

Might post it back for a larger one that will look a little better too!

I will look into a trickle charger although I do plan to run the car from time to time even when it's tucked away during the winter months.
    Last edited by Dean250; 18-05-2013 at 18:47.