Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

French Car Show 2013?

So, we don't have a club spot? Why are so few going? I'll go even if we don't have a club presence I guess...how sad.

i know! its the distance thing ???? im planning on going (dependant on attendance) but looking grim! its such a shame but i think alot of clubs will have poor turnout this year..
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    i'll be there with bells on.

Distance for me... I'm from the NE

Quote Originally Posted by ThRaXaIR View Post
    i'll be there with bells on.
    Yey!

I'll listen out for the bells then...

Not for me this year i'm affraid.

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY View Post
    i know! its the distance thing ???? im planning on going (dependant on attendance) but looking grim! its such a shame but i think alot of clubs will have poor turnout this year..
    I take it you haven't seen the way they're organising club spots this year then? Here's the email I've got about it

Our first update of 2013 will brief you on how we are handing club space allocation and parking/club stand passes this year. You may have noticed we are not asking buyers on our shop to specify which car club they belong.The system is simple and as follows;

1. Group/Club member purchases tickets at http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk (per previous years)
    2. Should the member wish to park with a club/group they will need a club stand/parking pass. They are advised to make contact with their club stand organiser to request the pass.
    3. When the member makes contact we ask the stand organiser records their wish to park on the stand (so you are aware of who is on your stand), verify they have bought tickets (ask for receipt number) and nearer the show email them a printable stand pass that we will supply.

Some very important reasons for the change

1. Puts stand organisers in control of their stands without hassel of ticketing
    2. Stand organisers are aware who and how many cars are parking on their stands
    3. Puts members in touch with stand organisers so you can tout for stand help, promote club activities at the show, club arrangements, raffles etc

Whats next

1. Each club is managing this differently but so far 99% are delighted wth the change.
    2. It is very very important club members don't just email the passes to mates as you then lose control of numbers.
    3. On 1st June, 2013 and again 1st July, 2013 gordon@frenchcarshow.co.uk will email you asking for up-to-date stand numbers. He will also discuss stand locations with you. Castle Combe has a very handy grid so those who keep in touch with him can discuss stand location.

Not hard to organise tbh is it? The only issue would be what if loads of people decide to come on the stand in the last week and they get turned away due to lack of space.

Constantly updating FCS with how many people each day would be ridiculous though, so I would only update them at the end of each week with numbers on a spreadsheet, listing the car, forum name and if ticket bought or not yet.

Members need to know where to go , what to do, and make sure they sign up early enough...failure meaning they may not get on the stand on the day, simple.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    Not hard to organise tbh is it? The only issue would be what if loads of people decide to come on the stand in the last week and they get turned away due to lack of space.

Constantly updating FCS with how many people each day would be ridiculous though, so I would only update them at the end of each week with numbers on a spreadsheet, listing the car, forum name and if ticket bought or not yet.

Members need to know where to go , what to do, and make sure they sign up early enough...failure meaning they may not get on the stand on the day, simple.
    Thanks for volunteering Daniel, best you start organising. ;)

Thing is with FCS club parking in the past for me is the way they give the passes out. We have always had double parking to what we needed even though i have said what cars are coming. Our first show in 2005 was really bad.

I think this new method will be alot better as it then should be realistic numbers of the cars booked through club stands. Although i think it should be organised through the club and then a list of names and addresses sent who are allowed on stand and tickets issued.

2005 - 2007 williamsclio bought club tickets in a one go and then issued them seperatly to members. That was a lot of extra hassle!