Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    What condition was it in Elaine for it to be £800? What have you done so far?

I have PM'd Northy btw guys, thank you

To be fair it wasn't in bad condition at all, apart from the arches and some stone chips. It had tax and MOT and was running fine (I had to drive a long way for it though) and mileage is ok 96k and has full service history. Ive had the wheels refurbished to how they should be, major service including cambelt changed, water pump, power steering pump and new tyres (all genuine parts) and also some performance parts.
    Last edited by Elaine1983; 13-04-2013 at 18:02.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn211269 View Post
    I back up everything said so far. I spent £2.5 on my first Willy and then another couple of grand on top fixing things over the next few years and it was still never as good as I wanted it to be :-/ You do need to spend as much as you can in the first place. That's what I ended up doing and should have done in the first place. But its all a learning process!!
    It's had another £1.5k spent on it since then, lol!!

Just had a look through a few project threads and really impressed with the dedication and work you guys have carried out

Forum User
    Great threads, Robi's thread is unbelievable!

Forum User
    like folks have been saying, if you want the car for the long run then its not too bad, like yourself i liked these when i was 18/19 so when hit 30 i brought myself a willy 3 for ok money, but like everyone said spent loads on it, even more if i didnt work at a garage, so all the parts at trade price n free labour, have been buying bits for it over last few years, seats, seat belts, suit carrier refurb wheels and the like.
    not touched it for a year but the sills n aches need doing so that will be a winter job lol. In time in will get done prob when my boy is old enought to drive, n hes a year old lol

In it for the long haul then Ace! I cant wait now, im checking websites every day to see what price they are coming up at in regards to there condition. Whats annoying is theres one available now which suits my needs and its local too and its at a good price IMO

Forum User
    I paid around £800 for mine and have spent over £2k at least since then and I haven't even got it resprayed yet! The main costs were changing all the suspension, wheels, cambelt, sunroof and getting some welding done. Have a look at my project thread to get an idea of what is involved.

Will do Mark thanks. What are the requirements for the cambelt change? i.e. mileage or years old

Have you got a link Mark, I cant find it in the project section?