Opinions Required

Thinking of selling my Williams 2.
    The age of both the car and myself are starting to taketheir toll and I could do with something that is a bit younger and doesn’t needas much time and effort to keep it on the road as a daily driver.
    It has had lots of money spent on it over 8 years I have owned it and it has been used daily all the time I have had it. I bought it from my daughter Lucy and it was also owned by Kelly who was an active member on this site during the time she owned it. The car was originally owned by Prima Racing and was used by them as a demonstrator.
    The car is in need of some tlc which I had planned to do this summer. The rear arches are starting to look a little frayed round the edges but no serious rot. The drivers door has just suffered from a slight accident but I have obtained a good solid door as a replacement. The tailgate has started to rust quite badly around the inner bottom edge but again I have a new Genuine Renault replacement that requires painting. The sills and floor are good and solid. The wheels were refurbed 2 yrs ago with correct polished lip.
    Most of the cash has gone on mechanical work over the years.The gearbox & clutch were replaced 5yrs ago with a genuine Renault JC 5 box with the correct bolt in diff. All the suspension has been replaced over the years including front and rear shocks, front springs, ball joints etc. All genuine Renault parts used.
    Cam belt and cylinder head rebuild done back end of last year, including new tappets and replacement water pump, engine is strong and rattle free.
    Stainless exhaust of uncertain make fitted and is not too loud even when decat is fitted. Prima Racing Superchip in ECU.K&N filter fitted in std. air box.
    Interior is good and everything except headlamp levelling works as it should.
    If I sell it as it is it would make a good summer project and I would be looking at offers around £1,000

Pete
    Last edited by cliopete; 05-03-2013 at 19:37.

Do you have any pics? Also, what mileage has it done?

Mileage is 145,000 but somewhat irrelevant for a car of this age and as I said it's been well used as a daily driver. No recent pics at the moment.
    I also forgot to say car is currently sorned with no MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by cliopete View Post
    Mileage is 145,000 but somewhat irrelevant for a car of this age...
    Totally agree. Sadly, some fickle buyers out there will be scared off.

Keep it as a 2nd car?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie. View Post
    Keep it as a 2nd car?
    It is a second car but the other car is a rather boring Honda Civic.
    Decided to keep the Williams until summer, do some work to tidy it up ie fit new tailgate and drivers door, sort out the rear arches and sell it then.
    Hopefully then be able to find a decent Trophy.

Pete

if u want a test drive of a trophy mate.let me know ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live View Post
    if u want a test drive of a trophy mate.let me know ;)
    Cheers Jon, I might take you up on that. How does it compare to a decent Williams and is your's standard?

I am now living in Barrowford so a quick spin over to Gisburn may be a good test.

Pete

well put it this way... 1 of the Williams needs mot and taxing at the end of the month, the trophy needs just tax....the Williams goes for its mot this week ;) the t can stay sorned for a bit if it passes. its almost standard...obligatory scorpion zorst n decat. rest is as reno intended ....apart from ditching the 16s and fitting 2118s in 15 inch fitment. best mod on the car imho.