Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brakes

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzfc View Post
    EBC grooved front discs and green stuff pads on mine and i find them excellent.
    Don't fanny about with expensive discs, OE items are fine, it's the pads that are important. Just don't buy ebc products, they're just plain shite
    Each to their own then!!

must admit i like EBC greenstuff on road cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandella View Post
    ive seen some brembo drilled discs but they are £220 ish..
    I'd avoid fitting any drilled discs to be honest - they are prone to cracking around the holes in extremis, which renders them useless way before the thickness would have run down to the level where you would normally expect to have to replace them. The OE vented discs hold up okay and grooved ones should be fine too if you fancy going for something non-OE.

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    must admit i like EBC greenstuff on road cars.
    I despise their shittyness with a passion that's immeasurable, cheap & cheerful motor factors pads are better

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but no point duplicating what's already been said

Was looking to upgrade the brakes all round: Brembo HC discs and DS2500 pads at the front, but wondered whether the slightly cheaper Group N discs Northy mentioned here would suffice instead of the Brembo's at the rear? Car's mainly used for road, and hopefully an occasional trackday. Not sure which of the two versions of the Group N discs is the right one either!

Ta!

Group N is just a fancy name for standard, don't worry too much about the rears as they do hardly anything, it's just important that you get rears with the bearings already fitted because it's usually cheaper and a lot less hassle that way

Thanks, I see Just wondering which of the two rear discs on here is the correct one - http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/index.p...h=562_805_2187 There are two rear discs which fit all models apparently, but one with 72.5mm I/D ABS ring, and one with 75.1mm... Can anyone tell me?

Has your car got abs?

Good point... I think not, it being a Williams 2. Suppose it doesn't make any difference then

In that case just get whatever is cheapest, it's only when there is abs that the correct rings are important, the rear discs are the same for quite a lot of different cars & the only difference in them is the abs rings.

I managed to get a pair of genuine rear discs for mine from some boggo spec mk2 for £30 on ebay recently, the abs rings are completely wrong for a mk1 with abs but as they're for my Williams it doesn't matter as everything else is all the same