Hi all, I own a Williams 3 and am interested in possibly camming it. I'm really not sure whether to go for Piper 270s or Piper 285s. Obviously 285s are more power, however the power band states 2500-7300. I don't really want to raise the rev limiter. The power band on the 270s is 1500-6800. My thoughts were that if I go for 285s and do not raise the rev limiter, am I better off going with 270s as the power band (albeit less power) is lower down the rev range. To add more confusion - check this topic out i dug http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...ight=pipercams

This guy went from 270 cams to 285 cams - he also had a rebuilt gasflowed/ported ap development head at the same time as upgrading the cams - but he gained 3.0 MAX bhp and 17 lbs/ft torque. The more interesting gains were throughout the rev range. He pretty much gained 10-15 lbs/ft torque throughout the rev range, and ~10bhp throughout the rev range. Also the peak power on 285s looked to be at ~6500 rpm. With the 270s peak power was at ~6750 rpm. But piper says the 285s power band is supposedly higher? See where Im getting at?

Can anyone shed some light on the matter/give some advice from experience etc etc - would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James