Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Been sod all happening for 7 months but back on it now

Quick pic of the freshness in the rear arches

Rear beam of wideness, camber, wheel studs & 17poo calipers. New handbrake cables too

Need to set the height yet as it's just slapped silly low atm but check the width y0!

After binning the mk2 dash top idea, done a little bit of chopping to clear the cage & now have a proper mk1 dash fitted :D

A couple of days of ballache tidying up the spaghetti mess that was in internal wiring loom to be able to fit the dash properly, has resulted in a rather annoying fail wires for the stalks on the steering column don't reach

This is the wires at full stretch and how short they are of reaching the stalks

Good job I've got some spare looms so I can extend the wires because am I fcuk taking the dash back out

But it's starting to look like a car again on the inside, RSI dash top btw

and another harsh lesson learned, valver/williams dash bottoms aren't the same as boggo spec items :( as per my previous comment, am I fcuk as like removing the dash after all the trimming & what not so will have to figure something out to make it look pretty later

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    Yep, beam has been modified to accept a mk2 stubaxle & the spacer is there for a big enough flat surface for a camber shim to be fitted

Not much of an update, lots of insignificant little bits & bobs done like holes in the floor blanked off, carpet trimmed to fit around stuff then glued into place, head work being started, brake pipes run to the rear of the car, fuel lines fitted with their respective protective covers etc

Bonnet painted

Moved into new, bigger & better workshop :D

Slight pic fail but new 406 master cylinder fitted along with new brake pipes

Gay badge that I stumbled across & liked fitted

Making templates for the door cards. This has gone to be made up in CAD & a more accurate template made up before getting the carbon effect plasyic sheets cut

and some carbon wrapped bumper inserts courtesy of Bubs along with the splitter properly fitted

on track this year?

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    on track this year?
    19th May at Bedford & 20th June at Castle Combe already booked & paid for so got no choice now

Got some added gayness :D

Tow strap properly fitted with a proper machined ally sleeve and a volvo head bolt

Heatshields on, apart from the missing 1 that I've lost

nice work mate, on a similar race to finish as me, although I at least have an engine in..................or do you? ;)