Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    Gay wobba - that's gayness!!!!
    I'm with Northy on that one, lol

I think a stiff rear end is prob easier to feel breaking away (unless you have a numb bum), a softer one leans over on you and then lets go suddenly but may grip better up till that point, but it depends on your experience and feel that you develop from that.

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post
    Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre. . . . . . .
    PMSL I was still a track n00b at the time of the incident though

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post

I think a stiff rear end is prob easier to feel breaking away (unless you have a numb bum), a softer one leans over on you and then lets go suddenly but may grip better up till that point, but it depends on your experience and feel that you develop from that.
    It's what I've run with on my car for a long while now, rock hard cup shocks at the back & standard up front makes the car a lot more playful/lively at the back but is very easy to control and more rewarding imo. I find it lets me go into corners a bit quicker bringing on quite a bit of understeer but lifting off a little bit brings the back out a bit, pointing the nose into the corner a bit more counteracting the understeer really nicely then getting back on the power stops it stepping out too far.
    In some instances I can actually play with the throttle to get the car round a corner, it's a lot of fun & I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    What's his name?
    Josh Files.

I am so used to it now, but the LSD on my car changes the balance of the car in bends with applied throttle or lifting off mid bend. I vaguely remember without the diff I would get a bit of understeer into bends when applying power. I still do with hard power and hairpins but no way as much. If I lift off mid bend now, I usually get a calm understeer, I have to be going hard into a bend and brake to get the rear out, and if I do I usually spin it at that point.

who is the KING of the Mk1 Clio Williams on track?
    I've never taken my Williams on track, so am ruled out of that one! I've passengered beanie and bass_direct and they were both good. Come to think of it they weren't strictly in a Williams either!

The one that sticks in my mind, and hasn't come up yet, was Martin, who always seemed to be fully committed in the videos I saw of him! Don't see him around much on here now that he left the Clios behind though, unfortunately. Most of the videos I have seen on here the cars seem well driven tbh, with our great little Clios seen slaying all sorts of machinery on track. Have enjoyed watching all of the vids from cliokongen, northy, etc.

If we are sticking to Clios I wouldn't mind going out with cliorod or Evogone (well, no longer in a mark 1 Clio now I suppose!) one day though to see what it's like to be driven by a rallyist - they have the skills but also have that special part of their brain missing that means they don't seem to experience any fear (said in jest guys, just because I don't think I have the bottle for it, but wouldn't mind experiencing it one day!)

Quote Originally Posted by p4cks View Post
    Josh Files
    I thought you were going to say it was Ben Winrow. I competed against him a few times back when he was doing the Caterham Academy, and he then went on to do the Clio Cup with a good degree of success (won the championship one year), and has already done a few BTCC races now I think?

Forum User
    I am so used to it now, but the LSD on my car changes the balance of the car in bends with applied throttle or lifting off mid bend. I vaguely remember without the diff I would get a bit of understeer into bends when applying power. I still do with hard power and hairpins but no way as much. If I lift off mid bend now, I usually get a calm understeer, I have to be going hard into a bend and brake to get the rear out, and if I do I usually spin it at that point.

the phrase "lift off mid bend"....

well you shouldn't be doing it

Give me your diff & let me make proper use of it then

Quote Originally Posted by sideways danny View Post
    the phrase "lift off mid bend"....

well you shouldn't be doing it
    Yea I know but theres been a couple of times when I have had too on the road!

We need another trackday