Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0372 - L392PMT

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    Hi Ashtons99... this vehicle has been discussed on the Facebook page and mostly it seems to be details that are incorrect...here's a snapshot of my list but other people spotted other things.

If you go on the Facebook page and scroll down a fair bit you will find the thread... there is at least three posts you need the earliest one.

Regards Ian

Attachment 9672
    thanks for that I will look it up

Hi everyone,

I'm not on Facebook, can someone please offer a summary of the items that are listed there are 'missing or incorrect'? I see a few small items but the extra insight would be very helpful. Any comments on the price? I'm happy to sort the small items, as they don't look too difficult to sort.

Thanks

David

I can't find the thread now but other than the items in the post above there were only a couple of other things.

It has probably had a full respray... I would be most interested in the condition of inner wings, sills, jacking points, suspension turrets etc.

And you will only find that out by viewing it and asking the appropriate questions.

Regards Ian

Thanks for the reply Ian.

Agreed on body work, will go and look at the car and jack it up for sure.

Thanks

David

The things "wrong" on that car are pretty insignificant tbh

The front bumper has certainly been painted as the bar running across the middle of the bottom part is supposed to be matt black
    Hockey sticks have been painted & they're supposed to be grey bare plastic
    Missing the 2.0 badges on the indicators
    Rear wiper is from a phase 2 - quite hard to find a ph1 wiper though
    Wrong negative battery terminal - requires a good dose of luck to find those
    Missing the rubber that goes at the front of the engine bay along with the alarm switch
    Jon Barret is talking bollocks as usual that Ariel is correct for a ph1
    How Senna can tell the bonnet cable is incorrect is beyond me as you can barely even see it - unless he's referring to the bonnet stay rod which isn't visible on the pics
    The polished lip on the wheels is correct but on 1st glance & zoomed out they do look wrong so that's forgivable - impossible to tell from the photos and only an issue if you're seriously anal about the W1 specific stuff but the insides of the wheels aren't supposed to be fully painted gold, they're supposed to sort of fade from gold to the primer colour. It's only the later cars and new replacement wheels from Renault that are fully painted gold
    The coolant is 100% correct though
    The bulkhead heatshield, although it doesn't look perfect, the fact that it's the original and intact is spectacularly impressive

I can't really tell if the stickers are right or wrong, you have to get up close & personal to properly tell with them