Black J-reg F4R'd 172-Widetracked Valver in Cornwall

For Sale is my 1992 Renault Clio 16v. This car has been my project for several years but after much thought I have decided to sell up. The mileage on the shell is about 121k but the F4R engine and box was only on 34k when fitted after having a full service. I spent over £700 last year having the rear arches repaired and have also had both sills welded up. All the dials, gauges and electrics etc are all fully working. It has about 11months MOT and 5months TAX so can be driven away. This car is mechanically sound, I have been using it for commuting to work and have taken it for several long road trips and it has not missed a beat.

I have spent thousands to rescue this car from the scrap yard and all it needs is a little TLC to be a very nice example. I would love to see someone in the club buy it and finish it off. I personally don’t have the time, space or money to finish it myself.

Quick spec of what’s been done to the car:

Standard F4R engine and gearbox, both on 34K when put in and have only done about 1000 miles since being fitted.
    New oil & fuel filters and fresh engine oil.
    New Spark Plugs.
    New cambelt.
    New clutch.
    KnN air filter (Only air filter I had at the time).
    New Halfords Battery.
    Coops solid adjustable dogbone mount.
    New Gazz fully adjustable coilovers (front and rear).
    172 widetrack.
    New polly bushes on anti roll bar and wishbones.
    172 front brakes with standard pads and new brembo vented discs.
    4 legal tires all round. Fronts have good tread, rears are legal Goodyear Eagle F1’s.
    Standard 172 exhaust with catalytic converter.
    Magnex back box (not fitted but included in sale).

Here are some pictures of the car. All pictures in this advert were taken on Sunday 16th September:

As you can see the door trims are missing, the clips on these broke when removing them but I do have a pair of ph2 16v door trims to go on. Unfortunately the clips on the roof rails also broke when removing these so no roof rails with the car. The cloth on the front door cards has just come unglued. They are not ripped burnt etc and could be easily repaired. I do however have front and rear ph2 door cards included in sale. The car has a head unit, door speakers and 6x9’s in the parcel shelf. These are not working at the minute due to not being wired in properly but do definitely work and are included in sale.

Like I said the car does need some TLC:

I spent £700 on the car last year having the rear arches repaired. Since then, the rust has not come back but there is body filler shrinkage on the arches where they were repaired. Also they have started to bubble down near the sills:

Due to taking the bonnet off and on, on a daily basis whilst the F4R was being fitted, there has been some damage done to the paint on the bonnet and the car. The paint has been damaged on the bottom of the front of the bonnet from being put on the floor. Also the bonnet kept catching the car near the doors and has damaged the paint as you can see in the pictures below. The bonnet is now fitted properly and dose not catch/rub anywhere. Also has a bad stone chip on the bonnet by the front drivers head light:

When moving the car around a tight space the front bumper caught on a wall and has left some deep scratches on the drivers side of the bumper:

I have also noticed some scratches around the car; on the rear bumper and front drivers side wing:

The front passenger wing has a small crack in it but I do have a replacement wing I picked up from the scrap yard that will come with the car:

The boot lid has a couple rust spots on as well:

I am trying to be as genuine and as honest as I can. I have tried to give as much information as I can as I know a lot of you are not local to Cornwall. If you have any questions, no matter how minor, please don’t hesitate to ask. I can get more/better pictures of anything if you require. If I think of anything else to add I will update this thread

I am not to sure what this car is worth so based on the amount of brand new parts and money I have spent on labour etc I am asking for £1750ono

Thanks for reading

now £1250 need quick sale