Thread: 0187 - L995HWN

0187 - L995HWN

Spotted on facebook

cars you don’t see anymore, spotted - pre 94 vehicles only

19th September 2018

Winsford
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was the original owner of this car and the dealer gave me a choice of 6 number plates. I chose this as 995 was nearest to the capacity of my first car 998 and HWN is a Welsh word meaning this or this one. I kept it for 5 years and my mechanic told me, when it was heading for 6 figures, that there was no wear on the engine and it was good for at least 200,000 miles. For 5 years it was only run on fully synthetic Mobil 1 oil. I was doing over 20,000 fun miles a year at that time.
    It's great to see it still exists. I wonder how many owners it has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    I was the original owner of this car and the dealer gave me a choice of 6 number plates. I chose this as 995 was nearest to the capacity of my first car 998 and HWN is a Welsh word meaning this or this one. I kept it for 5 years and my mechanic told me, when it was heading for 6 figures, that there was no wear on the engine and it was good for at least 200,000 miles. For 5 years it was only run on fully synthetic Mobil 1 oil. I was doing over 20,000 fun miles a year at that time.
    It's great to see it still exists. I wonder how many owners it has had.
    Nice bit of info there...what mileage did you sell her on as she is still only on 78k?

I presume the category C was not in your ownership?

Regards Ian

0187-mot.jpeg

This one was probably one of (if not the first through 100,000 miles). Think it was 1999 when I sold it with 121,000 on the clock. (I can't tell you the hundreds but definitely 121,000 in the 90s). The only time it didn't have Mobil1 oil was after moving I put it into the Cardiff Renault dealer and I didn't have oil to give them. I noticed it running hotter and had the oil changed back but it had caused an oil leak from a small cheap seal. Unfortunately this seal could only be fitted from inside the gearbox! So out came the engine and gearbox. That's how I knew at 90,000, there was absolutely no wear on the bores. Mobil 1 did it's job.