Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Values are probably at zero lift too btw, otherwise performance cams aren't really needed...

however it's a good guide to see the difference!

yes but its still a difference. I have got hold of willy cams so i will try them in our megane and see if they make any gains, got 149,7 hp and 187,7Nm stock, i dont think i try the willy cams in a standard head because i have a spare one that i will do some magic on and i dont want to change cambelt twice if i only change cams first and then the head.
    So any power gains will be with willy cams and ported head i think,but i would like to see what only cams do so i haven't decided yet.

Curious on the outcome

link is working again, still toying with the thought of altering cam timing on my Turbo'd F7r. need me some verniers!

did anything with the head yet mate?

Missed this one, if it's of any help, exploding_penguins car, Valver with full megane engine & wiring, freshly rebuilt with williams cams fitted made 165bhp & 147ft/lb. No mapping or any other mods apart from exhaust.

I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet but I've got a catcams 213 inlet cam with pulley and the pulley off the exhaust cam that's damaged but may still be useful. Would you be interested in buying them?

Seems like a good number from the engine!

could you send me some pics paddy? I would be helped with one pulley too!

i'll send you a PM with my details

Why would very similar engines producing similar power but the meggy has milder cams. What is the difference.?

Quote Originally Posted by mack1 View Post
    Why would very similar engines producing similar power but the meggy has milder cams. What is the difference.?
    The head itself, smaller ports which speed up the gases entering the head coupled with the bigger 33mm inlet valves is what makes the big difference. It's basically much much more efficient that the williams head.
    Renault most probably went with a milder cam profile to keep in line with emissions regulations or something like that