Forum User

Duf (Williams 2)

It is with great upset on my part that I am putting Duf up for sale

With our 2nd child on the way (3 weeks to go) I need to have my sensible head on, and cut the projects down. I have sold various on the side projects I have been doing, and now im down to Duf and the Ph1.

I won't bore you all with my reasons, but the Ph1 is perfect for what I need right now (A near maintinance free car that is ready and set up for track use) and I won't be able to put the time in to Duf that I would like.

So, the basics:

11 months MOT
    4 months Tax
    108,000 miles
    Lots of history, receipts etc

The specifications is:

Engine:
    Catcam 2225's
    Open induction kit (probably loosing a few bhp, but sounds brilliant)
    Prowler exhaust manifold (Very rare)
    Decat and 2 box exhaust system (quite quiet)
    Gunner chip

Running gear:
    Full Ph1 172 setup including:
    Steering rack
    Wishbones
    Driveshafts
    Hubs
    Brakes
    Shocks
    Springs

Brakes:
    Ph1 172 front calipers, discs (280mm instead of 263mm) and pads
    Rear brakes are standard
    Braided brake lines

The bodywork is is good condition for a 17 year old car. The rear arches are just starting to show signs of corrosion, but as you can see in the pictures are far from being bad. The end of the sills have just started getting a bit crusty, but I stress the shell is SOLID - there is no major rust anywhere underneath and the rest of the sills are solid, as are the door bottoms. The car does have some scratches, but nothing more than age related.

Wheels are in ok condition, 2 are good, 2 could do with a refurb, but all are striaght and the lips only have a few tiny curb marks.

Tyres are Toyo Proxy 4's, with approx 3/4mm of tread left

In the past 3 months I have spend ALOT of money getting the car back to a good useable condition, and I have had the following work done:

Cambelt change
    Rear ride height set to match the front
    Drivers door pins replaced (A right pain of a job)
    2nd hand front bumper
    Nearly new fog lights (which work correctly and well)
    Full exhaust removed to stop a blow and straighened, to stop the usual knocking

There is a lot more which I will not bore you with here, but will expand on if wanted - 95% of the work (inc the cambelt change) was carried out by a Cliolord, to his usual high standard

Some good bits was after a cambelt failure, the car had a full head rebuild in approx 2007 (about 25k ago) and it also had a new gearbox from Renault in 2008 (approx 20k ago) - I do not have the receipts but I will put you in contact with Tucks, who owned the car for many years and was in his ownership this happened - he is still on this forum and the cars history including these repairs can be found on here if you search, which will back this up - the gearbox is brilliant, no crunches, and nice and smooth - you can tell it is not very old. It also had a 'fast road' clutch fitted at the same time.

Bad bits?

As said it has a few scratches, and the bootlid has had seen better days - it looks fine but has suffered the usual corrosion underneath by the lock.

It could do with a remap - it runs very lumpy for the first minute or so, and has a lumpy idle do the cams being timed aggressively - it runs perfectly fine, but it would probably net another half a dozen or so BHP with a remap.

Wheels could do with a refurb at some point.

It could do with a good detail and clean inside - it is respectable, but would be a lot better with a proper detail

Id I was being really picky, id stick some new 172 cup shocks on (£90 the pair from renault) as the shocks are starting to get a little tired - no leaks, mind.

I think thats pretty much it, Id rather if anyone is interested, that you come have a good look - iv probably missed a few good and bad points, so id rather you come and see it.

Price is £2,200 ono and you can contact me either by PM or by phone - 0782 4444 854

Forum User
    Open to offers

Forum User
    £1900