Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Subscribed Member
    It's ashame as I spent £700 on the front end about 3 years rods lower arms all bushes disk and pads all round new bonet resprayed engine is sweet as a nut new Cambelt and water pump newly serviced and keeps good oil pressure to
    how much do I need to throw at it ?

Forum User
    Gosh, you have a lot of work there my friend.... tbh it's a while since I've seen one this far gone.... I share the other's thoughts here... for what you would need to spend - in excess of £2k here at least, you would be better finding another car around that price point and putting the best bits of yours and that one together.... I fear the more you strip your current car, the worse it will get... sorry...

Subscribed Member
    i should of noticed it 5 years ago when i bought it, its been off the road for nearly 3 years and spent a fortune before i took it off the cambelt and other things have barley seen 6000 miles not sure what to do now was ready to stick it though the mot aswell :( if i buy an other whos going to let me half strip the car before i buy it and check for rust they mostly suffer from this cancer of the car

as said mate, it is repairable, just depends how strict your budget really is, the repair will require a flexible approach to financing it is all as it may go on and on!

i wouldnt touch that tbh, its simply too far gone and aint safe to be on the road!

get yourself another shell and have fun swapping all the bits over. then sell any left over bits. it should work out cheaper than repairing that anyway

Subscribed Member
    Yeah I know mate I'm looking about 2 to 3 grand though by the looks of things :( might aswell break it for spares May keep what I want and buy a new one not sure yet don't want go through this again

why not get a valver shell and do a hybrid/widetrack etc couldpick up a good valver shell for what 200-300? theres one going on clio16v for a few hundred quid

could be a nice project if you have time to do it

make sure you buy yourself a proper bag of shit to get from A to B as incentive to get it back on the road

Subscribed Member
    Lol just got off the phone to a mate and we were talking about the same thing may have to have alook around need a nice project

looks harsh mate.... heres a pic of my rear chassis rail, it was non existent, had to have a whole new section welded in...

sergser.jpgwefexf.jpg
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215