Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Subscribed Member

Normal Clio sills will there fit the Williams Plus more rust issues Help please :(

Need some new sills and I know there is no luck finding Williams sils so will the normal Clio sills fit how much will there need modifying after taking a screw driver to the bottom of my car it needs quite alot of welding even where the rear beam is bolted on behind the sill :( I'm that close to giving up but decided to take the rear beam away and patch everything up athe front end seems solid it's just tear end is terrible

Any help would be great
    I have a real soft spot for my Clio so don't mind putting the time money and effort in to it

they don't directly fit no as they are too long but I think basic shape is about right. its likely if the floor pan and rear beam mount points are going that the chassis rail further back and the inner sills will not be clever either.

are you doing the work yourself or getting a bodyshop involved? as any bodyshop worth their salt should be able to fabricate the lot without too much effort/cost

Subscribed Member
    Yeah the inner sills needs some work to looking like I'm may need to take to a body shop my mate is a welder but not with cars he has offered to help, its just around where the rear beam bolts it's going ther, this is just in the drivers side let me put my pc on try and upload some pictures really looking shit though :( just about to get her back on the road to

Subscribed Member
    Coops so the the clio sills are just longer may have to look in to this, what do you think off the damage worth doing ? dont want to strip her :(

Subscribed Member
    took the rear bumper of to find more rust all seems to be on the drivers side only the middle and other side are fine still alot of work though :( how much im i looking to get this done dont mind spending about £1500 on her but is that enough or is she a scrapper

IMGP5213.JPGIMGP5214.JPGIMGP5215.JPGIMGP5216.JPG

IMGP5217.JPGIMGP5219.JPGIMGP5220.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum User
    Sad to see that you've got so much rust there
    As I think you realise, it's still savable but the amount of rust around the fuel tank area would make me very worried about what could be found in other areas underneath the car when you start prodding around.

If I was in your position, and with Williams prices the way they are at the moment, I'd buy another car in decent condition, use this car as a donor wherever possible and then strip the donor and sell the parts on.

I'll always save a Williams wherever possible, but in this case I think you may be better off cutting your losses.

as above really mate, the condition of those areas creates questions about the rest of the car and if your doing it to a budget rather than throwing cash at a car you love and want to keep then i'd find another in decent nick and strip her.

its a shame to have to say that, but unfortunately with the budget restriction it could be your only bet