Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JGF

JGF

Owned since 2010. Ongoing project, currently having engine rebuilt as there was a mysterious knocking noise. It will be back on the road at the end of July 2012.

The last MOT had NO advisories I was pleased.

Clio Williams 3 N255JGF

I bought this great Williams 3 September 2010 from a forum user. It needed a front wheel bearing so I decided to hire a car trailer and do the 600 plus mile round trip to go and collect her.

It is still wearing its original suppliers ‘RadbourneRacing’ number plates, tax disc holder and rear window sticker. It also came with a massive folder of receipts and service history.

I used the car daily until the MOT ran out in Nov 2010 then it was placed in my garage over winter to have the following done : -

New front discs and pads
    New rear discs and pads
    New pair of rear calipers
    Fuel filter
    Oil & Filter
    Air filter
    Clean & painted rear beam
    New handbrake cable
    New clutch cable

I also had both rear arches repaired where rust had started appearing.

As soon as March came and the warmer weather I took it outfor the MOT and it passed with no advisories. Through 2011 it was only used onfine days to get to work and the odd play in the evenings. Towards September2011 the engine started with a slight knock/ticking noise. I took no hesitation using this excuse to remove the engine and rebuild while also cleaning up the engine bay. Over the years there had been a few oil leaks and it required agood clean up.

With lots of help from a good friend, Blackburn engineering in Preston and various forum members I achieved a fresh engine build. On inspection there wasn’t anything wrong with the bottom end at 100.000miles. The knocking/ticking was possibly coming from a previously badly fitted lower cambelt cover. Most of the bolts were missing and as a result it was flapping about.

The original head was cleaned and checked, new valve stem oil seals and a very light skim.

New bearings, piston rings, water pump, belts, gaskets,bearings, thermostat, and fluids were used on the new build. All components were checked and cleaned at Blackburns engineers in Preston.

Once all back together I gingerly drove the car for its MOT Sept 2012 and it passed again with no advisories. I have been driving it very softly for its first 100miles and then exercising the rev range up to 600 miles and an oil & filter change.

I have just replaced the brake fluid and fitted a new brakefluid reservoir as the old one was badly stained. I have cleaned and flushed out the coolant system as best as possible and fitted a new expansion tank.

Still a few jobs to do but these will get done in good time. I love the Williams and I have no problem spending the money on the car andkeeping it in good order.

Forum User
    Nice one, wish my engine and bay looked that smart!

Theres a Willy 3 parked outside my parents house in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and its N266 JGF! They thought I was skiving off work! lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo1979 View Post
    Theres a Willy 3 parked outside my parents house in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and its N266 JGF! They thought I was skiving off work! lol!!!
    Happy days! It will have been supplied by Radbourne Racing like mine.

I'm off to Pristine for a wheel refurbishment very soon.........

Well mines also a radbourne racing car, N808 HGP. PDI stamp in service book proves it. Sadly '266' looks like its a daily driver and not enthusiast owned.

Two years since the engine rebuild. Everything going absolutely perfectly having covered around 2800 miles. Just passed MOT but advisory on front wheel bearing

Getting ready for winter tucking away time.

Yet another year passed with the W3. Just passed MOT with no advisories Not done mega miles this year but for the first time ever I got the chance to take it on a track. Great fun! Still need to sort them wheels out and a short list of minor issues but still going STRONG!

what track were you at?

Hi Northy. It's 3 Sisters.