Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetek View Post
    You can use coilovers on standard setup
    Of course, thats very obvious, it gets done all the time.

like those:

http://www.avouk.com/MotorsportFrameset-84.htm (go to "Universal" and select "Twin / Mono tube", you have the pricing there also)

You can keep the torsion bars and add some softer springs on shocks, or use only the stiffer springs without torsion bars. Depends on what spring rate you are running in the front. I have a 182 CUP front spring and looking for some Express torsion bars, as they are identical to Renault sport Gr.N bars for 1.8 16V and Williams, used in rally. Those from Express are the same as softer Gr.N, with 23.2mm diameter, but there are/were also stiffer for Gr.N, with 24.5mm diameter.

Hope I helped
    You were no help whatsoever at all as you completely ignored the entire point of my post which is that it is the geometry I want to alter not the spring rates or damping rates which is all trivial.

But I do still appreciate the effort even if you were a bit misguided

believe someone on the continent managed to add shims to the standard rear beam with some witchcraft to give camber/toe adjustment

Forum User
    Since ive started with the parts from the cup megane, it make lifes easier. Williams grA axle, Clio 172 hubs (adjustable with shim's, no torsionbars) and proflex coilovers.

There is a guy on Mikado racing that got the maxi rear-axle for sale. Only problem...hes asking 15k for it.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I dont see how you can really do that with it all being cast as one, do you mean cut it off?
    i haven't done it myself but there are a few guys in the NL who have done it. afaik there not cast but already bolted on, however the 16v axle has de stub axle protruding into the rear axle so no possibility to alter anything. remove the original stub axles and fit 172 ones...

Forum User
    Apologies for late reply, site stopped working for me for a while then I kind of forget to check back after that, thats quite promising by the looks of it though if the stub axle can be replaced with a 172 one or similar, that would be ideal.

Forum User
    Just found something that could be interesting for Clios:

DSC_0286k_original.jpg

DSC_0293k_original.jpg

toe003.jpg

toe004.jpg

This is a replica of a Gr.A VW Golf mk1 GTI, which an Italian student made. In this setup it is also posible to adjust camber and toe, but there is no space on Clio for those brackets, so the links could only be mounted horizontal. For the camber and toe adjustment, just use a Clio RS rear hubs/stub axels. Hope it helps anything ;)

I'd use Watt's linkage instead of these rods.