Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Sherlock Wobba strikes again, excellent work on a very weird and well hidden problem.

shame its cost so much time effort and cash to get there, but at least the Wobbanory-mo-bile is back

Cheers guys. If I had a laptop I would have found it far sooner :(

Kinda funny that the Clio thought it was a Yamaha motorbike though lols.

It had an identity crisis!

I've messed something up though with the lights and buzzer, I don't think it is related. Once that's done, 0217 will be back to annoying my neighbours. Fuk me, I forgot how loud it is lol :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    Cheers guys. If I had a laptop I would have found it far sooner :(
    Did offer 10 days ago..

Quote Originally Posted by arj256 View Post
    Did offer 10 days ago..
    I know dude, thanks, so busy right now and weather isn't much fun for meeting up!

Forum User
    my brain was starting to hurt towards the end of this chapter of Wob and Peace ! but glad you got it sorted eventually.

:D Fanks!

My brain hurt too :(

good to get the loom out and tidied though, one less thing on your mind for next time so not all a total waste of time imo!

Uh oh....spoke too soon. The symptoms I had before total failure are back again. Losing revs, dropping to zero, then back again.

Going to send ECU to Emerald.

Forum User
    Never has your avatar been more apt. I know the feeling fella. Been there, done that, got fed up and gone standard.

I approached the welder on my car tonight and asked him if he had done any welding without anti surge or disconnecting the battery. I explained the trouble I have had, which he was aware of, and the moey I had spent. I also then said if he is sure that was not the fault then I might have to take the engine apart and rebuild it, which is neither cheap nor quick, and perhaps revealing what he did would save me a lot of time and bullshit. He said he definitely didn't screw up. I left his abode, where they had invited me in to talk about it.

After 20 minutes he visited my home telling me he was upset, and so was his wife. I explained if he thinks he is upset, perhaps he should step into my shoes for 3 weeks fixing my car? He got very upset, and said I was accusing him of bad workmanship and he would never make a mistake like that. I also pointed out the wiring issues and said if perhaps he had made a mistake like that he may have made an error again, and I reminded him what he told me about forgetting to use anti surge when I first spoke to him. He denied saying it, and said it must have been me who caused the damage and messed up the wiring, which is definitely not true. I asked him if he knew who had refitted the wires which got damaged, he said no, which seems strange as only two people have worked on the car. He then tried to get angry and refused to talk to me, so I tried to ask when he was planning to correct the dents he had put in the car previously, which he said he would repair, he refused to answer and walked off.

I asked him if he was aware of how much time and effort I had put into the car to fix this fault, he said yes. I told him the first thing Emerald ECU's had asked when I described the fault was 'have you had any welding done lately?'. He said it 'was not me'

Now I have two angry Glaswegians living on my doorstep, a car that is going to break down again in rush hour at any given moment and very little energy to **** about fixing it. Great. Was it worth it? Well, I am sick if ****ing cunts getting away with ****ing me over without consequence. At the very least, they know they are liars and have a bad conscience, but I am sure that somehow they will justify it to themselves in some kind of ****ed up way and blame me.

Pricks.