Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    fingers crossed, i'm still unsure though as your getting spark, without correct crank sensor you wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    fingers crossed, i'm still unsure though as your getting spark, without correct crank sensor you wouldnt
    Actually, I think you can but it might be out of sequence with the cam timing? Tell me if I am wrong.

perhaps on aftermarket management then? as far as am aware std management would see wrong one as none and give zero sparkage. again I could be wrong however

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    Pretty sure this is crank sensor.

ECP confirmed they sent me the wrong part (there is an error on their website for F4R 730 crank sensors I think). Should have replacement tomorrow.
    there are 2 different ones as renault updated the part and the loom. The plug is different so you can't mix and match. That's all.

Battery needs replacing

ECP delivered a new crank sensor. Still does not work.

I had the ECU out. Could be that, but looks fine.

The car turns over, and then tries to fire on one cylinder (but wrong timing) and halts turning over as it's probably firing whilst that piston in on its upward travel, if it is WOT at that point it backfires out of the trumpet with flames.

If coil not plugged in, it just turns over but never catches or backfires as there is total lack of spark.

I am awaiting a new TPS and will test injectors next.

This is all a ****ing ballache I don't need tbh. Changed fuel filter, fuel pump, crank sensor, had ECU out, sparks out goddam so many times, swapped megane coilpack, messed about with batteries for ages, earths all over the car, had some of the loom apart, checked all easy fuses...ffs!

Much more and it's off to Williams Heaven.

I've already tried the battery route, bigger charged battery, jump start and charging my old one. It's not working still.

i'll have the LSD box

come on man don't be soft, you'll figure it. i'd get a well known and functioning comp tester on there tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    i'll have the LSD box

come on man don't be soft, you'll figure it. i'd get a well known and functioning comp tester on there tbh
    LSD and box need some repair.

Yea I almost bought another comp tester the other day just to verify. If engine has gone, I will have to have a long hard think about what to do. Kinda tired of replacing engines.

you checked silly things like earths alternator etc etc?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways danny View Post
    could even be alternator not charging the battery properly so you get a weak spark and that's what you've been getting as a gradually worseing misfire.
    post 7 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by zmaster2k View Post
    you checked silly things like earths alternator etc etc?
    I am suspecting this could be the cause now, and yes, it could have damaged the battery.

I tried one last time tinight, just now, to start the car and noticed an electrical burning smell, from the ITB backplate/alternator region, so yea it could be shorting out. Also noted the nut on the back of alternator power output spade connector was not on properly. I'll earth the bugger with cables tomorrow after charging anotehr battery and try then. I've got the ITB backplate off now (fiddly job in the dark!) as it was touching the alternator.