Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    Darren, trawling for another already
    I don't know what you mean!!

Arch

Can you do mine next please?? lol

Can you tell me where you got the wheel arch repair panel from please?

Looking good. I also have a N reg Williams 3 on nearly the same mileage. I just have the offside rear arch that needs sorting and like you, I am aiming to have a full respray too.

I also saw this on ebay and had my eye on it lol

The rust isnt that bad, i got the wheel arch panel from auto panels weston but its for a standard clio i will have to make it fit but i should be fine .... Watch this space....... i bet most clios out there have this sort of rust my sill looked ok its not til u cut it off u can see how far its spead, its all the bongo (underseal) on the sills hiding it and holding it togeather

good work mate. and quick on th ejob too. look forward to seeing it finished

Well my pointy headed panel beater sort of mate (The one in the first photo) is hopfully going to be welding on the sill and wheel arch panel tomorrow once thats done there maybe a little patch or 2 to weld and then im getting on with preping it, theres the odd nuckle dent here and there so i wont take too long to before i can get it in my booth...... more pics coming soon

some more pics with the sill welded on

Great effort! Ridding these little icons of rust is the way forward

Forum User
    Nice! I do love a good project thread! :D keep them piccys coming!

done a bit more work last week end we realised that the after market standard sill was a bit longer than the original so it had to be cut and shortened and the edge and the lip modified i also had to buy another wheel arch panel, it had to be cut because it was to long and also needed another end piece for the inner. only the inner left to do now, Ive had a good look inside the other arch and sill on the inside now Ive stripped out the interior, the wheel arch is mint inside but the sill has a git of grot not to bad, i will disk off the the out side to see what its like before i decide whether to put another sill on i found one small hole on the floor that's its rest of the car is good, i want this car to last for years and it will be totally rust free, heres a few more pics i very pleased with it so far i normally hate using aftermarket panels on jobs but i have no choice

The panel fit issue isn't solely because of being aftermarket parts, it's because they're panels from the lower spec mk1's