here are some photos of the work started on the willy, i brought this on ebay a couple of weeks ago, i was just up the road from me, i wasnt looking for a clio i was just looking for a retro car to do up and came across this, it had a day left and i couldn't get hold of the bloke to view it but a car dealer friend new the car and where it was , he had sold it from fish brothers reno 10 years ago and his brother had owned it once so he knew where it was i went to see it and it was ok, i couldnt hear it running but was assured it ran well, it has tons of main dealer history so i went for it.
body is really straight never been in a knock and all original panels sill and wheel arch on os is rotten, ns is mint. it drove really well felt tight and gearbox is smooth, i found evidence of new gearbox fitted by main dealer at 76k its on 98k now and all the mots and history adds up.
the only thing that didnt work was the rev counter but thats sorted now.
So first job the ROT, im using a aftermarket sill and wheel arch repair panel, i priced up a new quarter panel and sill from reno but the only one that was avilble was a complete side at nearly £1000
after cutting off the sill the inner lip and floor lip was shot so that has to be made.
Im going to be repainting everything apart from under the bonnet, the more i look at the running gear and subframe makes me want to replace it all but i haven't a open cheque book on this car, so i would love to see what others have done to tidy up underneath

my pointy head panel beater

that's it so far i'm ordering a new door this week ready for lining up the sill